Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough has published a new article.

The Siege at Red River DVD Review

siegetop-150x150.jpg

During his long career in show business, Van Johnson appeared in many romantic comedies, drawing room dramas, war movies, and musicals, but he rarely...
Continue reading the original article.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Thanks for the review, Matt.

I gave the Fox archive and mastering people documentation several years ago on the fact that Leonard Goldstein's Panoramic Productions were composed for 1.66:1.

Too bad they didn't pay attention.

Panoramic AR.jpg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've never seen this film and would have been interested in buying this disc if it had been any good. So Fox: you've lost another sale through your incompetence and lack of diligence.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Too bad, this would have been a buy for me. I still don't understand the sound level , on so many releases ? No Q.C. They make Fox look very unprofessional !

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I was thinking about this issue the other day. Van Johnson could take on a western because he knew how to ride a horse. The modern generation of actors have probably never ridden a horse and would have a long learning curve to appear properly in a western film.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I was thinking about this issue the other day. Van Johnson could take on a western because he knew how to ride a horse. The modern generation of actors have probably never ridden a horse and would have a long learning curve to appear properly in a western film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks