What's new

The Sicilian Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I did buy the blu-ray I will watch it later today it is the Director's Cut with a running time of 148 minutes. Another example of a movie never having a chance for success because of the pressure to make movies under 2 hours long. The original release of this movie was 115 minutes long.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
You can read Bob Cashill's review of it (who I am guessing is the same Bob Cashill that posts here) at:

http://popdose.com/spinning-discs-forces-awaken/

Excerpt:

The longer director’s cut version of Michael Cimino’s The Sicilian, running 146 minutes, has erased the sour memory of the two-hour theatrical version, which I saw in an empty theater in 1987. While not as disgraceful as the shorn Once Upon a Time in America (1984), the movie was clearly hobbled by the missing footage, and amounted to more insult heaped upon injury for the filmmaker, who had a modest hit with Year of the Dragon two years earlier but never recovered from the ill-starredHeaven’s Gate (1980). The restoration of Cimino’s original vision of that movie (which was itself whittled down for an abortive theatrical run) excited critical reinterest, and however contentious it is I think it’s a masterpiece.

Click the link above to read Bob's full take on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks