What's new

The Shining "Redux" trailer (parody) (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Hilarious - a stunning parody of today's lame-o trailers, right down to the use of overplayed pop/rock songs! :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Now that is some funny shit! It's going to be the feel-good hit of the fall! Maybe it's the inclusion of the Gabriel, but I'm thinking it's a Cameron Crowe film. :laugh:

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I had the same thought. It's almost reduced my respect for Crowe (or at least for the way his generally heartwarming films are marketed).

--Jefferson Morris

P.S. Anyone know where they got the line "I'm your new foster father" from? It actually sounds like Nicholson.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
That was pure brilliance! I'd love to get some one who has no idea what "The Shining" is to watch that trailer and then get interested to see the movie.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Hilarious. Someone needs to do that with some classic slasher movies. Seeing that made me think, wasn't this similar to how "Play Misty For Me" was originally marketed? They played it as a love story kind of thing, then scared the hell out of people when they went?

My parents to this day talk about the night they saw "Play Misty For Me" in the theater, and how they went home, played Monopoly, and couldn't sleep.

Doug

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Yes! More pardory trailers please!!!

A few movies I can think of:

Planet of the Apes
Highlander
ANY Kubrick Movie
The Hitcher
Halloween
Suspiria

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You know, the more I think about it, the Exorcist could really work. You know the current trailer cliche where somebody says something either shocking or funny, and the trailer and music come to a halt while one character reacts? Well, you have the narrator say something, and you cut to her head spinning around. Precede it with that stupid "needle scratching record" sound that is always in trailers, if you must.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Ah yes, our favorite trailer device: the needle-scratching sound. Followed by that moment of silence. Then a couple seconds of something "funny" happening or someone mugging for the camera and suddenly the "record spins up again"... it's like we're supposed to go, "whoah! hold it! things aren't going as planned! this movie is HILARIOUS!"

"Meet Jack Torrence..." I can't stop laughing about this... we seriously need more of these things.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Yeah, that was great. I actually had the idea of working on a 'redux' trailer for a particular classic for a while now. Maybe I should get on it before someone else does first!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Yeah, it's usually some idiot looking stunned and saying, "What?" Man, I hate trailer editing (for the most part)!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It reminds me of the "movie trailer" editing project I had in college, though of course none of us were clever enough to do something like that. I have thought about cutting Hitchcock's "The Birds" to the Carpenter's "Close to You," based entirely on the opening line of the song. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks