titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The Hollywood Reporter has a nice piece on actress Shelley Duvall today. She retired from acting in the 90s and sort of disappeared before popping up in a rather alarming appearance on Dr. Phil a few years back. Good to see she seems to be doing well.

WinstonCely

Second Unit
Real Name
Winston Cely
Wow, there are like 3 pages of this thread just for the aspect ratio...... again......

I just watched the blu-ray packaged with the UHD release last night. It was amazing until one very specific shot when Jack first talks with Llyod. The shot directly after Jack takes his first "drink" we cut to a profile two-shot of Jack and Lloyd and the color/brightness goes bright and washed out. As soon as it cuts back to a single, it doesn't happen again. It was so noticeable that I got out my old blu-ray copy and compared the two. There was looking at them together, I think the shot itself had some issues, but it's very noticeable in this new transfer especially when looking at the color and contrast in the shot before it and after it. Anyone else notice this?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Stanley Kubrick never lived to see HDTV. He'd probably change his mind after it became clear how lousy his movies would look on modern TVs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks