What's new

The Shield (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I just saw the first episode of this show and I was hooked from the start. I now plan on buying the first season unless someone here can tell me why not? Also, since am I little new to the series I was also curious about how many seasons of this show have there been? When is the release of the next one?
Thank you

Blu

Screenwriter
Get it!
This is a great series.
There have only been 2 seasons so far total. I believe that the second is due on DVD in September.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Thumbs up for the Shield, definately worth the purchase IMO. Highly recommended.

MikeHAP

Auditioning
I'd say this is a definite purchase. It is, I think, one of the best series running. It's got a terrific cast, great scripts, and Chiklis definitely earned the accolades for his protrayl of Vic Mackey. The second season just wrapped up at the beginning of April, and I read on The Digital Bits awhile ago that it's tentatively slated for an Oct. 7th release. This is one of those shows that I cannot get enough of. After each episode ended Tuesday night, I was really annoyed that there was a weeks worth of waiting to see what happened next... The first season hit DVD in January, just as season two was starting up, so I'm hopefully speculating here that season three will hit F/X this fall. So yeah, if you haven't done so yet, do yourself a favor and pick up the DVD.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I went out and bought it! Watched the first couple of episodes. I swear, this is one of the best things I've ever bought. Everything is done so well in this show I think. I have no complaints about the DVD quality either. I recommend that everyone at least give this series a shot.
Thanks

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just blind bought this series and devoured it in 2 days. This show kicked my @ss! I was really skeptical about Michael Chiklis given my only previous exposure to him was his Seinfeld appearance, but he just nailed this role. Only bad thign was I had a small glitch in episode 12-looking into getting the disc swapped.

I will absolutely be buying Season 2 in January. Unfortunately FX isn't available in my area, so looks like I'll be waiting a while for Season 3.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
WillG,

It was an earlier episode. Jerry, Elaine and George go to a party on Long Island, and Michael Chiklis is the host. Jerry and Elaine get stuck there because George leaves with a co-worker, and Kramer has to come get them. Jerry invites Michael Chiklis' character to stop by if he's ever in the city. He winds up calling a call girl who then shows up at Jerry's place.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
There have only been 2 seasons so far total. I believe that the second is due on DVD in September.
Season 2 comes out on DVD January 6th. The same day as Season 3 Starts on FX.

I second the blind purchase, great show and great DVD production.

R~

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
Hi! I'm a new member here and I'm Finnish - which is of course an excuse for occasional bad English.

I bought The Shield - Season 1 set (r2) today after I had read and heard about 20 praising reviews of the show. Now I'm just waiting for my better half to return home so we could get finished with season 2 of 24 and get started with The Shield.

I hope The Shield is really as good as everybody says it is. I have recently watched so many exceptionally good tv-shows (from dvd, naturally - who watches tv anymore, anyway?) that I fear I've becomen I bit hard to satisfy... But let's hope The Shield manages.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Well, I dare say I enjoyed the Shield just as much as both seasons of 24 which I also bought blind. I am very picky when it comes to TV too...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I've been considering a blind buy of The Shield used for $35. I'm always a little skeptical to pay the full price for shows that only have 13-episode runs yet cost as much as some full-season sets (ER and 24, for example) to own on DVD.

But after getting cable back for the first time in a couple years, I've become addicted to FX's Nip/Tuck and will buy it on DVD. So I'm sure I'd like this FX original too. It's just so hard to prioritize anymore with all the TV on DVD choices out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks