1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

THE SHIELD, seasons 1-2 (MERGED THREAD; SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by bill lopez, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Director

Michael Reuben
    I meant the final episode of the season. Having watched none of them to date, I'm a little vague about the details. Thanks for the correction!

I wasn't aware there was an upcoming marathon. My TiVo guide tells me they're repeating two episodes a night for the next 6 nights. That brings us to the 13th (and last) hour-long installment of this season.

I read somewhere that the next season will be broadcast in January 2003.

M.

2. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

D'ja guys see the prevue for the 2nd half of the finale? That shot of Vic chasing a guy through an alley was so cool. The guy hops over a wooden fence and Vic tackles him through it! *SMASH* This show is so cool.

3. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Another awesome show to end the season. They really did a great job of both wrapping things up and leaving things open for next season. Chiklis was again incredible as Mackay.

After sitting through most of The Wire Sunday night, I have an even higher appreciation for this excellent show.

4. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Awesome episode.

5. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

Josh
    not sure, maybe i missed something... wasnt a big time charachter supposed to die tonight? who was it?

6. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I'll second that question, and I can't wait for the cable TV (ACE?) awards to come up. This show should take home a pile of them. (If it doesn't, I'll know that it's rigged) [​IMG]
    Glenn

7. Todd Terwilliger

I thought it was more like a big-time character was going down, not necessarily die.

8. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Which they certainly did. Man, that was incredible. The mistress ended up being a much more interesting character than the floosy most assumed. It's always interesting when the captain and Vic team up. I was sure Macky was going to get shot until Esavada saved his ass. And that last scene where Vic finds his family gone was gut wrenching. How long 'til next season?

9. Todd Terwilliger

Brad,

I agree completely. Plus, they set up a whole new dynamic between the Captain and the Strike Team.

What made it much more emotional was that they gave us good reasons to be behind Mackay so the ending became very poignant.

By the way, was I the only one who loved Mackay going right through that fence when he was chasing that witness down the alley? Awesome.

10. Gary King

Gary King Second Unit

I just started watching The Shield during the past week's reruns (I watched 3 or 4)... very good stuff. The finale was excellent.

11. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

I'm totally addicted to this show. During the marathon, I managed to catch all of it but the last 30 mins of "Dragonchasers" (Stupid FX started the double feature a half hour late on Sunday night [​IMG] ). Guess I'll try and catch it again when it rolls around during Monday reruns.
    "Dutch Boy" is from Omaha. That's pretty cool. [​IMG]

12. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

What an incredible episode. Poor Vic, just tryin to save his family. And he's not the type of guy to go searching for his wife. He'll probably give her the space she asked for and just deal with it for a while until she comes back (probably nect season [i hope]).

As for the part where Vic's life was saved by Ascevedo (spelling?), i thought it would be the other way around.

Cant wait for the next season, but its gonna be a while: JANUARY!

13. ShawnF

ShawnF Stunt Coordinator

I was trying to guess who was going to buy it in the episode, based upon the teaser - I thought it would be Aceveda w/ his political aspirations gave them a reason to write him off the show.

Excellent show. Even my wife, who hates violent movies and TV, was glued to the set.

14. Todd Terwilliger

It was definitely one of the best season finales I've seen.

15. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

I agree about it being one of the best season finales I've ever seen. This is one awesome show...

BTW, does anybody know the name on the song that was being played during the last few minutes of the show?

Calvin

16. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Sounded like Coldplay, but I'm not sure. I just checked out the site fro the show at fxnetworks.com and according to the folks on the message board there it was Coldplay's song Trouble.

And Aceveda is the correct spelling.

17. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Director

Michael Reuben
    Arrghh. I had TiVo pick up the 6-day marathon leading up to the season finale, but I just discovered that episode 10 is missing. (FX showed True Lies that night, and it bumped back The Shield double-header by half an hour. Looks like I'll have to wait a few months if I want to watch everything in order.

Fascinating show. It sticks with the structure and rhythm of commercial TV, but the writing, acting and directing easily exceed that of most network fare. If the networks wised up and took a few chances like this, they might start winning back viewers.

M.

18. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Director

Michael Reuben
    With the premiere of Season 2 just a week away, I'm bringing this thread back to the top.

M.

19. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Are the season 1 DVDs still coming out next week?

20. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Director

Michael Reuben