What's new

THE SHIELD, seasons 1-2 (MERGED THREAD; SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't seen much on this new show; have seen the first 3 episodes and think it is the most cutting edge show around; makes NYPD look pretty tame; ne1 else watch this? do you agree?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I saw last week's episode but I missed last night's. I agree. This show is awesome. I couldn't stand the Commish but I really like what the actor (can't remember his name) is doing with this role. Excellent stuff. It definitely has a harder edge than the other cop shows on TV at the moment.

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
This is the first show that I have actually set a season pass for on my Dtivo; won't miss an episode that way.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Interesting show -- though I'm wondering how they're gonna manage to sustain Vic's character through an entire season, never mind the question of further seasons. I mean, when all is said and done, he's a cop killer. Plain and simple. And whatever maverick, unorthodox, doesn't-play-by-the-rules crap he pulls (which is what every cop protagonist does in every TV show/movie you see anymore), you can't get around that. First-degree murder, hello? Are they gonna do season two from death row?
Just wonderin'....

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Another great ending last night. Can't get enough. I hope this show stays on for a long time. "The Commish" plays a great role, and I hope he gets the credit he deserves for making the show what it is.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I have to agree. I hated [n]The Commish[/b] but he is awesome here.
"Blow the smoke out the window. I can't have my office smelling of rock."
"He's probably knee-deep in some chick's snatch right now."
Brutal.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
This may be the best show on TV.

Last night's episode was emotionally brutal. Dutch breaking down after being "Hannibalized" by that serial killer, or the look on Vic's face when the crack-whore finally abandons her baby...my God, the baby reaching out for his mom? Great stuff.

Each episode seems to reveal a new level of writing and the broad range of an exceptional group of actors.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
This show is absolutely awesome. A friend of mine and I are absolutely hooked. The acting is top notch and the episodes thus far have been really terrific.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Good episode.

Ole' Vic really knows how to get in trouble. But he always finds a way out of it.

And I thought it was pretty slick what he did with the principal.

I hope this show stays on the air. Does anyone know how it's doing in the ratings? Good? Bad? Any talk about a new season?

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
I agree that this is the best new series to come out in a long time!

It is doing very well in the ratings, much better than FX could have hoped. So, it is coming back but not until January.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
I've gotta say, I love this show -- the "Commish" is completely unrecognizable!! Good to hear that ratings are good enough to keep the show around; after the early mass skedaddle of nervous advertisers, I was worried the show would never get a fair chance.

One question for Angelenos (who've lived here longer than me): is there actually a "Farmington" district in LA? Or is it just a fictionalized stand-in for the Rampart district (which I know is what the show was originally titled)?

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I don't live in LA nor have I ever been there, but Farmington is fictional.

It was funny to see the kid so upset about losing his Xbox, I'm sure Microsoft paid for that - which is a good indicator of how the ratings are.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Shawn Ryan, the creator behind the series, is working on a feature film based on Max Payne, so he's familiar with the Xbox, I'm sure. Whether that was paid for product placement, though...

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
From what I have heard, no stats, Vic, or the person who plays vic was on a local radio station talking about the show. The show is getting huge ratings/viewing ratings, it is being compared to some of the same style of shows that are on HBO, and is capturing just as much viewers!

The show has been signed on for next season, another 13 episodes. There have been rumors that HBO or SHOWTIME might pick up the show after the next season!

I love this show, can't wait to see how it ends this season! Looks wild.

R~

Unknown about the x-box placement, but one of the things that has been hurting the show was lack of support from advertisements pulling there adds because the show was to provocative/strong language/nudity/ etc

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I've merged all the existing threads I could find on The Shield into one master thread.
Fans who missed episodes this weekend, or people like me who are just now catching up with this show, should tune into to FX beginning at 10pm tonight and for the next week, when the entire season is scheduled to be repeated.
The first season finale airs next Tuesday, June 4, at 10pm.
M.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Actually part one of the season finale aired last night, May 28th, the season finale part 2 airs next tuesday!

Of course if you are refering to the marathon, then yes I believe it airs on the fourth of june.

R~

I love this show!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks