What's new

The Shield: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Have to admit I actually found myself rooting for Shane more so than Vic. Not really sure why, but I know I've always hated Vic since the first episode when he, you know, killed a cop in cold blood.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Maybe someone can help me out with this...

Twice now this season, reference has been made to the fact that the boys got upwards of $2 Million from the money train. I could swear there was an episode in (I believe) season 3 where Vic, Ronnie & Shane are sitting at a table counting up the money that is left from the money train (since Lem had fried a bunch of it), and they actually make reference to how much they originally had, and it wasn't anywhere even close to $2 Million. In fact, I don't even think it was as much as $100k. I even remember discussing it with other people at the time who saw it because we couldn't believe they went through all that trouble for such a small amount of money (and the fact that it looked like a lot more money when we saw it all sitting on that table for the first time).

Does anyone remember this? Or is anyone able to check out the season 3 DVDs to verify this scene I'm talking about? I imagine it either happens in the episode where Lem burns the money or perhaps the one right after it.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure the money train amount was in the millions. I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure of it as they were all going to be set for life after the heist.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't think they ever said they would be "set for life". Pretty sure they always referred to it as a "backup plan" since at the time things at the barn were shaky at best.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure about the specific number but that's close enough and then the remaining money was split between Vic, Shane and Ronnie. The Armenians don't know that the money is gone (so it's still $2 million to them) and I guess you can assume that Mara just wanted to shock Corrine with a giant number and the writers didn't want to bog the scene down with unimportant specifics of an old plot.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Just dug up an old DVD review of season 3(DocDVD) and in the plot synopsis it states the Strike Team successfully robbed MILLIONS of dollars from the Armenian money train at the end of S2.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Interesting. Man, I would love to know what was said in that later season 3 scene that I mentioned.

Thanks for checking that Brent!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
No problem.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I took a look and in episode 15 of S3, Vic, Shane and Ronnie are in Shane's apartment and Ronnie says that there's $195,000 left after Lem burned most of the money. So they split the remaining money three ways and they each get $65,000. Then Shane, understandably pissed, says that Lem's cut ended up being $2.8 million and how they've now got the Armenians and the feds on them for only $65,000.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Thanks Travis. I guess it was so long ago that $65,000 was stuck in my head.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I just got done watching the last episode... (Got to love DVR's). Holy cow what a freaking episode.

This is going to be very very interesting over the last few episodes...... Man I love this show!

How much do you guys/gals think the wife will help Vic with?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Gee scratch that last post of mine. Awesome episode. Intense stuff -- so much that I didn't even miss the aftermath of Dany's disappearance with Vic's kid ;)

Vic might end up getting the ICE job, but losing everything else.

I hope Aceveda takes center stage at least one last time before the lights go off on this show.

--
H

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I also just finally watched last week's episode.

BEST EPISODE OF THE ENTIRE SERIES me thinks.

We all knew the show was ending and it seems as if the
final ride has begun. Should be quite enjoyable!

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I thought that this week's was even better! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Absolutely brilliant from start to finish.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Agreed, Philip.

For those who have not yet seen this week's show I will hide the
spoilers attached to my thoughts....

It is apparent that Vic and Ronee must dispose of Shane before he gets
caught and tells the entire truth of what they did.

In the meantime, it looks like even that doesn't matter as I think
Vic will be brought down by his own wife.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Let's not leave out the possibility that Ronnie flips on both Vic and Shane. Seems like they've been building up to that all season.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
When's the next episode? Here in Canada we've been a week behind (it was being shown on Fridays) - but this week it was on a Tuesday - I think that's when you're getting it in the States - which means we've caught up (I hope). Now these threads are beginning to make sense. It's being shown on Showcase here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks