What's new

The Shield: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

Brian.L

Supporting Actor

That's a good operatic finale idea right there. I was actually thinking they might just kill off Shane last night, and I'm relieved they didn't...for my money, he's among the best characters on the show and if they do it, it should be at the end. Maybe something that ties it together with Terry and the pilot...Vic may think he's "not Shane" but he started all this by killing a fellow cop.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Shane is the big bad of this season. There was no way he was gonna get it in this ep.

About the previous ep, that car chase ran for far too long.

I have no idea how this is gonna end. That is awesome. :D

--
H

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I would speculate that this rest-of-season will be all about Vic realizing he's gone too far (way too far), and will try to make right. We saw some of that in this ep, with Ronnie beating him in the evil-bastard stakes. This being The Shield, that means Vic'll probably fall on his sword for the sake of the team. I can't imagine he'd ever admit to corruption, because that would free a lot of scumbags from jail. Nor would he be happy in retirement. So my money's on the "blaze of glory" ending.

But it's going to get wonderfully complicated, thanks to the Shane wild-card.

I love this show! :emoji_thumbsup:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
With Aceveda essentially MIA, Ronnie is my favorite character nowadays. He is one cold mofo.

--
H

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since Vic admitted to Ronnie that he killed Terry, Ronnie has struck me as a guy who will do what has to be done. He doesn't want to kill people but when he feels that it has to be done, he has no problem with going that route (even if it's an old buddy like Shane or when he blew that Armenian guy away in the motel room earlier this season).

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Little late to the party, but I just got around to watching this week's episode and all I can say is WOW. Even though I knew it was too early in the season for it to happen there was a brief moment where I honestly thought Shane might get taken out. I think someone said earlier in this thread(or maybe I read it somewhere else) that the season really starts to get intense with episode 6 and whoever said that was right on the money. I can't wait to see where it goes from here. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Vic is gonna have a rough next 10 days: He's losing his job without pension, Dani is skipping town with his kid and Ronnie is most likely going to get iced by Shane's "hitman". Hell, the only person left standing at the end of this show will probably be Billings. :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Why does Shane seem to be going after Ronnie as a priority over Vic? I know Vic had second thoughts about the attempt on Shane, but Shane doesn't know that.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I think it was more a matter of convenience in that Ronnie's the one that pounded on the banger dude. Not only is it an easier sell to the banger, but it provides a built-in motive if he were to kill Ronnie.

That said, I don't think Shane thought that whole thing through very well. He has to know it won't end well.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I think Shane wants to take Ronnie out first to hurt Vic AND to show him what he's capable of doing. Never underestimate Shane, he's as cold as Vic(if not worse) and he always knows exactly what moves need to be make to protect himself.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Another high-caliber episode, but I think the previews for next
week showed entirely too much. From watching it we find....

Black guy makes play for Ronnie and it fails, is brought in for
questioning and now the tension mounts for Shane who worries
that the gunman will talk.

Would have liked a little more mystery out of the previews.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I thought about that initially. But I still am not sure why he would go after Ronnie over Vic. Shane isn't truly a cold blooded killer, he has had great amount of guilt for Lem and has shown guilt for Terry Crowley as well. So I don't see him killing a fellow cop just to send a message. Shane knows that Vic orchestrates everything, and I can't imagine Shane would consider Ronnie much of a threat if he didn't have Vic behind him.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I need a psychologist to shed light on what it is that Shane feels. At any given moment, I wouldn't put anything past him. In fact, I'd say Vic feels a lot more guilt over what he does than Shane. Vic at least does what he does because he feels it's absolutely necessary (usually for the greater good). Shane seems completely motivated by self interest. And I'll admit the show has shown us that he feels something akin to guilt, I hesitate to call it that given that it does absolutely nothing to deter him, and he does nothing to make up for his bad actions. Even mobsters used to donate to the church to kind of "offset" their behavior. Shane? Nada. He seems to live in a state of denial (perhaps motivated by guilt, as you say) where he doesn't even really internally acknowledge the things he does. Vic lives with his dirty laundry.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It might be as simple as he plans to kill Ronnie and then go to Vic's house and kill him right after that. No message sent, the guy kills both of them in one night, Vic never even knows that Ronnie is dead and Shane's problems are fixed.

And I think Shane is as cold as ice and would kill the entire police department and his own grandma if he thought it would cover his ass.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Shane can't bring himself to do Vic in just yet. Like it or not, the foundation of their deeply dysfunctional relationship remains. Ronnie is another story.

--
H

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
My wife and I just love this show. This season has been a little slow at times, but even bad episodes of The Shield are great TV!

I was thinking that they should have a spin-off featuring Dutch. I find his character really fascinating. When the show focuses on him solving cases, it is just great. The one where he went head to head against the brilliant serial killer was stunning. I would love to watch a show based on the Dutch-man!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was joking with a friend about a Dutch spin-off. We wanted to see Dutch and Billings quit the force, move to Santa Monica, open a detective agency and hilarity will ensue.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Man, that was intense. I was sitting there yelling "get that son of a bitch" when Shane was scurrying out of The Barn. Now that Vic has turned in his badge it's really going to hit the fan. What a ride!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This was the episode I've been waiting for for two seasons now. So what do we have now, five episodes left?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks