What's new

The Shield: Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Interesting theory about Ronnie. He's always been in the background; what better way to get him some attention than have him be the father of Danny's kid.

Question though. I saw Season 4 a while ago, but I don't remember if Danny's pregnancy was established then. Was it? Also, was the new Cpt. introduced or was it like Danny's pregnancy if that story wasn't introduced in S4 where you catch it already in progress?

I'm paying an extra $30/mo for expanded cable primarily for this show. So far, it's worth it. The show has this kinetic energy that very few shows can duplicate. Situations just explode in a fraction of a second's time, and you find yourself catching your breath when it's over.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Ron, in case no one has mentioned it, you probably need to recreate your season pass. Mine was also fouled up last week, and it appears the problem stemmed from a change DirecTV might have made to the channel (FX). Anyway, I started from scratch and tomorrow night's "Shield" showed up as expected. Check your To Do List before tomorrow night to make sure!

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

Oh good, I thought this was only me.

I noticed that I not only missed the normal episode on Tuesday, but that all future episodes were also removed from the To/Do list. Luckily they replay each episode a lot so it was easy to catch it again.

Like you mentioned I simply deleted the season pass and recreated it and everything is back to normal.

Andy

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode had to be rough for expecting mothers, that was just ghastly.

Too bad Vic and Lem don't know sign language, that'd totally bypass the wire with ease.

Now Dutchboy knows that Vic has IAD on his ass.

The ending with Vic and his CI, and then getting walked in by Cavanaugh had some good tension going on.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Good episode. Kavanaugh seemed to crack a little when Corine made him for a cop. He wasn't ready for that and seemed a little kookier than normal.

That stuff with the baby was pretty sick especially when they found the body.

"It's bitches like you that make it hard for the rest of us."

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Oh Cavanaugh is definitely cracking and Vic is great at sowing dissent between him and Aceveda. You gotta love Chiklis' acting though because the range of emaotions he played last night was incredible you could see Vic working through his plans while he held the knife at her throat and deciding if killing her right then was viable or not. Damn, I love this show.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
You are not the only one who loves this show.. Man you could feel the tension when Cavanaugh walked in on Vic and the CI.... Good freaking stuff!!!!!!

Tha baby scene was pretty twisted... Then to find out they were trying to do cpr on him and crushed him.. Poor little guy.... All this over some freaking road rage..... Nice...

The trainee got off pretty darn light........... The line that is quoted above is freaking perfect........

Great episode and I agree next week looks even better... Man I love this show!!!

R~

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

I have always loved Chiklis' work in this show...but, that was some of the best stuff I've ever seen from him. This season ROCKS!

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Second fav after The Sopranos. Love the show. First time I saw it, I had to go back to Blockbuster the next day to rent more episodes.

I'm watching the 4th season and I was surprised to see one episode filmed in 1.85:1 (or abouts). It's the episode titled "Back in the Hole" and the back of the DVD case notes it's an extended episode. Very strange to see it for once in non-fullscreen.

That new female cop is hot. Looks kinda like Jessica Alba. She's probably going to get offed pretty soon.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
OWNED!

Man, I do love this show. Even though the previews last week had kind of given away what may happen, that was sweet. Kavanuagh is gonna be one pissed off cop now and Aceveda looked like he saw a ghost as he slithered away. I do not think we have seen the worse of Kavanaugh and Forrest is showing his acting chops.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

I know me too....lol.. I was freaking jumping up and down when the Sh*t hit the fan for forrest and aceveda.... That was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After tonight who do you think the father is??

This season rocks.... The only thing that sucks is knowning it is coming to an end................ :frowning:

R~

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
While I wasn't suckered in, it was great to see Acevada's sheepish look after the IAD f-up, and then Cavanaugh's Hulk-out was hiliarious.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
So can we assume that Aceveda had something to do with tipping off the Strike Team? I know Vic said he found the bug..but maybe Acevada helped as well?

I also liked "Dont worry, the Dutch-man has a plan" Think he'll see some action from her? :)

Great episode..best so far this season

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
As SOP, Vic has Ronnie sweep for bugs, probably as a daily routine, so I doubt Acevada tipped off the Strike team.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I agree, Aceveda had nothing to do with tipping off the Strike Team - but Vic sure wants Kavanaugh to think he did. Bwha-ha-ha-ha! :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks