What's new

THE SHIELD Season 3 (Merged Thread) (2 Viewers)

R. Kay

Second Unit
I have to say that Season 3 of The Shield improves on the first 2 seasons, which, knowing how great the 1st 2 seasons were, seemed hard to accomplish.

Cannot wait for Season 3 on dvd. Any dates? Any Rumors?

For anyone who loves episodic tv, this show was, by far, the best drama (or any genre) on tv right now.

R. Kay

Second Unit
I have to say that Season 3 of The Shield improves on the first 2 seasons, which, knowing how great the 1st 2 seasons were, seemed hard to accomplish.

Cannot wait for Season 3 on dvd. Any dates? Any Rumors?

For anyone who loves episodic tv, this show was, by far, the best drama (or any genre) on tv right now.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, season 1 was released in January 2003, and season 2 was released in January 2004, so I'm guessing season 3 will be released in January 2005.

Gord

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Usually they pop out after the winter to coincide with the new season release. February or March is what I would think for season 3.

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
I know the season just ended last month, but was wondering if there was any news yet on The Shield Season 3's release date?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Look for it in January, the same time as the past 2 seasons.

I spoke with Shawn Ryan the other day and he's getting ready to start on the fourth season. It was rather odd....I felt like I knew him, probably from listening to the commentary tracks on the DVDs. Pretty nice guy.

Gord

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info. I figured it would be around then. Well, here's hoping season 4 is as good as the first three.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Any chance they'll lower the price on these? The Shield is 13 episodes a season (except for season 3, which has 15 episodes) and sells for the same price as Fox's 22-episodes/season shows.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if or when they plan on rerunning season 3 on FX? I just finished seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and I don't know if I can wait for season 3 to come out on DVD.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
as a side note the Shield (Along with Ian Mcshane of Deadwood) got snubbed at the Emmy noms.

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
Any news on the release of the 3rd season? The previous season was released in Jan 04 so it's time for S3 to be announced I think!

Also, why is there no 4th season yet showing on FX? I'm not familiar with how US cable TV stations work but it should have started or be announced by now. Or has there been trouble with production?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Andreas,

The show won't be airing on F/X until March/April because Chiklis is shooting "The Fantastic Four" movie in Canada. Because of the delayed start to season 4 I don't think we'll see season 3 in January.

I met up with Shawn Ryan and the writing staff when I was in LA; they're all really great people, and a lot of fun to hang out with.

Gord

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks a lot for the info Gord!

I guess they'll indeed make S3 a realease to tie in with the start of S4 then.

I'm just glad the show will continue
thumbsup.gif

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
quote:I met up with Shawn Ryan and the writing staff when I was in LA; they're all really great people, and a lot of fun to hang out with.

that's really cool that you had the opportunity to do that. Must have been an interesting visit.

The Shield is one of my top 3 favorite shows, alongside the other FX network original's like Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me. I tivoed and archived the previous season so I'm not hurting for the DVD's but it would be nice to know a release date.

Thanks for the info.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
One of the online news sites said Glen Close was going to be playing the new captain in season 3. Ill try and find the link

capt

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
My season 3 set arrived today. I haven't seen this season yet so I can't comment but I'm sure it's awesome. The artwork looks great but i don't like the fact that they changed their method of packaging from a Digipak to Slimcases.
The funny thing is, that the box is not thinner (but a little taller) than the previous season boxes so the whole space saving argument for Slimcases doesn't work here.

What I find more disappointing about the packaging though is that the metallic finish they used on the two previous boxes is gone. They tried to imitate that metallic look on the logo somehow but it just doesn't work. Pity - so far Fox has been a great studio when it comes to keeping continuity in their box design.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
I can't wait to pick up a copy on Tuesday. My only beef here is that the theme is still unreleased. I'd really like to see a full version of the theme included in one of these sets or released SOMEWHERE! This happens too often with music, especially with unreleased soundtracks in movies.

Just cause I'm bored, I'll list the movies I'm thinking of...

Lionheart (1990): Bill Wray - "No Mercy"
Road House (1989): Cruzados/Plugz - "Don't Throw Stones"
Coyote Ugly (2000): That wasn't Leann Rhymes' voice in the movie (was it?), so why did they go and release the soundtrack with all her singing? I happen to like the girl's voice in the movie. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks