What's new

The Shield, season 3 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

Could it be connected to the scene where the woman asks him out for drinks but he declines saying he must have 'forgot' putting his ring back on after the gym? Maybe after his unpleasant oral experience, he is trying to get his mochismo back, starting off innocently enough, but progressing towards who knows what.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

Could it be connected to the scene where the woman asks him out for drinks but he declines saying he must have 'forgot' putting his ring back on after the gym? Maybe after his unpleasant oral experience, he is trying to get his mochismo back, starting off innocently enough, but progressing towards who knows what.

R. Kay

Second Unit
Season 3 was to me, the best yet. Its amazing how a show that's so intricate gets better. Very rare in tv.

Chiklis is amazing. That lame 'Commish' show is a distant memory.

I didnt have much faith in the Acevedo character after Season 2, but he proved me wrong. He was terrific this year. Very complex character.

Personally, I can do without Julian's character, though. He slows the show down. Too preachy and goody-goody. I guess with all the craziness going on, I guess they need a character like him.

Best show on television. Sopranos is terrific, but the Shield is clearly superior.

I wonder if it would get more press and accolades if it was on HBO?

R. Kay

Second Unit
Season 3 was to me, the best yet. Its amazing how a show that's so intricate gets better. Very rare in tv.

Chiklis is amazing. That lame 'Commish' show is a distant memory.

I didnt have much faith in the Acevedo character after Season 2, but he proved me wrong. He was terrific this year. Very complex character.

Personally, I can do without Julian's character, though. He slows the show down. Too preachy and goody-goody. I guess with all the craziness going on, I guess they need a character like him.

Best show on television. Sopranos is terrific, but the Shield is clearly superior.

I wonder if it would get more press and accolades if it was on HBO?

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i don't think they were trying to make dutch "psycho". i think that guy really raised some questions in dutch's mind, questions that he thought he would find answers to by strangling that cat. but you could see how guilty and shameful he felt after he did it, as no profound insight or enlightenment was revealed to him. just a poor dead cat.

i haven't seen every episode, and aren't as enamored of this show as some, but that scene was the most disturbing thing i've seen on this show.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i don't think they were trying to make dutch "psycho". i think that guy really raised some questions in dutch's mind, questions that he thought he would find answers to by strangling that cat. but you could see how guilty and shameful he felt after he did it, as no profound insight or enlightenment was revealed to him. just a poor dead cat.

i haven't seen every episode, and aren't as enamored of this show as some, but that scene was the most disturbing thing i've seen on this show.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Very general thought. I felt this was an awesome season...until last night's disappointment. What a shame the worst episode had to be the finale.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Very general thought. I felt this was an awesome season...until last night's disappointment. What a shame the worst episode had to be the finale.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Did I miss anything? My Tivo decided it was done when they were leaving the parking spot. Did anything happen after that?

Glenn

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Yeah it ran about 2 minutes long. After Shane drives off, the camera holds on Vic, teary-eyed, for about 5 seconds, and cuts to the credits.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Like I said, so much regression:

Dutchboy now the butt of Vic's jokes again.

Claudette back to being detective due to her high-n-mighty attitude (non-team player).

Vic is about to lose his friends/team, back to square one with the money, almost. Has to deal with a daughter living with him, while finding a way to pay for his 2 younger children's autistic needs. His marriage is pretty much toast.

Shane is whipped. His friendship with Vic is on the ropes.

Lem is pretty much done with the Strike team.

Ronnie is... Ronnie.

Acevada can't seem to figure out how to handle his manhood issues after being sexually assaulted earlier.

Danni is back in the Acevada's good graces.

Julien's subplot has stalled out.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Was I one of the only ones too actually like the ending? Tension was rising every episode and it had to break. I loved how Vic had his hand on his gun, just ready to blow. I'm am a little upset that Julien's character didn't grow that much. I almost wonder though if they were trying to make so it could be a series Finale if it had to be? I'm dying for season 4, when will it start!!!!
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks