What's new

The Shield Season 2?? (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Does anybody know when The Shield Season 2 will be out on DVD? I have seen a couple of sites saying Oct 7th but nothing official from FX.

Thanks
R~

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering that myself. I had thought I had seen Oct 7 mentioned on DavisDVD, but it's not listed there now. Amazon just has it as "not yet released", with no date given.

I was looking forward to this release, but I guess I can't complain... October is looking busy enough already! ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I am very certain it will not be out Oct. 7th. I base that on the fact that Fox is now formally announcing titles for Nov/Dec release, and no announcement has been made for The Shield S2. They could do some announcement last-minute, but that's not really something we've come to expect from Fox. So don't plan on that date.

Remember that fiasco earlier this year, when Amazon put up a lot of listings of Fox TV shows very early (through a January release for Lost In Space!), and then Fox made them take them all down? The date Amazon had shown for Shield S2 was indeed Oct. 7th, before Fox had them take off the dates. I'm sure that's where all the rest of the reports came from...based on Amazon's listings. But Fox insisted that those dates weren't at all set in stone, and I think time has bourne out the truth of that statement.

I'm certain Amazon regrets misleading anyone; it was probably an internal error getting tentative dates up instead of waiting for the final information. Every website spread that info around, including the one I work at. We put a stop to it the second Fox spoke up, though, and we regret if we helped people to get misled.

If you want my wild-ass guess, I'm thinking we won't see The Shield S2 until January or so. I'll keep an eye out for it, and will post news in the usual way the second I find info on it for ANY date.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
Remember that fiasco earlier this year, when Amazon put up a lot of listings of Fox TV shows very early (through a January release for Lost In Space!), and then Fox made them take them all down? The date Amazon had shown for Shield S2 was indeed Oct. 7th, before Fox had them take off the dates. I'm sure that's where all the rest of the reports came from...based on Amazon's listings. But Fox insisted that those dates weren't at all set in stone, and I think time has bourne out the truth of that statement.
Amazon does that frequently. They did so a month or so ago with the Buffy S5 set, and a couple of other times I remember.

Why do they do that? I can understand a one-time screwup, but it happens quite frequently.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I hope it is released soon.

I love this show and thought the first season set was terrific.

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
Like last year, the new season debuts on FX in January. I can only assume that Season 2 will be released on DVD around the same time.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I think originally the new season was meant to debut earlier, and the DVD set was supposed to come out a little bit before that, just as it happened with season 2. Now that season 3 doesn't start until January, I guess the S2 DVD has been pushed back a bit.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I've wondered if Amazon is posting titles early to help capture sales. If they're the only company selling the title, they get a rush of orders and then yank the product when they get into trouble. Now when the real thing is being sold they have thousands of names they can go back to and say "Hey, it's for sale now!"

Gord

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
I ran into A Fox Video Rep at Best Buy while picking up a few copies of 24 season 2, he was monitoring/restocking the new release shelf with more copies of 24. I asked him the release status of certain Fox titles, one of them being The Shield Season 2. He said it will be released sometime in January 2004.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
The last episode of The Shield season 2 airs in the UK next tuesday. The 1st season DVD set has sold well so we'll take a January release date for Region 2 as well. Thanks very much. :D

Jodee

Screenwriter
I think it's a mistake to release a previous season on DVD the same time the new season is starting. They ought to leave at least a month in advance to allow new-comers to the show a chance to "catch up". They would more ratings for the show that way.

I watch The Shield as they air, but it is a lot easier to turn other people onto a show through DVDs. Last year, I believe the second season of The Shield started on the same day as the new season premiered. They probably missed out on a lot of ratings for season 2 that way since people hadn't had a chance to watch the DVDs yet.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, wanted y'all to be the first to know: January 6 is indeedy the street date for this!

I'm going to go dig up some details and get a listing up for it at TSoD here in a minute. I guess dinner can wait a few minutes. ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Okay, got it: $59.98, Fullframe, 4 discs

Supplements:
* "The Quick Fix" Commentary by: Shawn Ryan, Michael Chiklis, and Benito Martinez
* "Homewrecker" Commentary by: Shawn Ryan, Glenn Mazzara, Kurt Sutter, Scott Rosenbaum and Kim Clements
* "Breakpoint" Commentary by: Shawn Ryan, Barbara Fiorentino and Rebecca Mangieri
* "Dominoes Falling" Commentary by: Shawn Ryan, Kevin Reilly and Eric Shrier
* 38 Deleted Scenes
* Scene Evolution "Connie Gets Shot" with Commentary
* Featurettes: "Wrap Day", "Director's Roundtable", and "Raising The Barn"
* Season 3 Teaser
* DVD-ROM

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Last season there was commentary on every episode. I'm disappointed they aren't doing that this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks