The Shield S1issue?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith_R, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Hi everyone, I recently purchased The Shield Season 1 set and am delighted that I finally own my favorite show on DVD, however I'm a little nervous after a strange happening that occured last night with the set and I am unsure as to whether my equipment or the disc is to blame. I was watching the set as normal last night and was on the 2nd disc watching the episode "CherryPoppers"when around the 32 minute mark (when Dutch is throwing the guy in the pen for the pratical joke) the disc all of the sudden paused real quick than pixelated distorting both the picture and the sound, it passed real quick and resumed play as normal. This situation baffles me because up till this point my DVD player (Toshiba 2150) has played every disc thrown into it perfectly and never really had a problem like this unless the disc was dirty or scratched. However the disc is brand new and I didn't see a sign of dust or a scratch on it. Anyone else had a problem like this with the set? any suggestions as to what may be causing this odd occurence? thanks.

2. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
  3. James D

James D Second Unit

I just finished watching the entire set and the only problem I found was in the very same episode, but not at that spot. My problem spot happens at the 20 minute mark where Vic is talking to the Asian girl in the clubhouse. The picture locks up for several seconds and then the disc fast forwards to about a minute into the show. It happens on both of my players the exact same way, so it must be a bad disc. I'm returning mine to Amazon for a replacement-funny how both problems are on the same episode.

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Didnt have the problem with my sheild set but it has happened to me on other disks before. Usually i rewind a bit and see if it happens again. Usually it dosnt and it seems my DVD player hiccuped.

capt

5. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I didn't have this problem either, but I couldn't access the Pilot script on my Sony player, or my computer DVD.

Gord