What's new

The Shield on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Has anyone heard of any possibillities of that new show on FX The Shield coming out on DVD anytime soon? thanks.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Your not the only one wondering if this show will make it's way to DVD......I would love to have it!

R~

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I, too, would love to own it.
In the meantime, you can attempt to satisfy your Shield fix by watching reruns Monday nights at 10pm on fx. The series will be repeated, every episode in order, Monday night, starting (I believe) this coming Monday, June 10.
Speaking of which, does anyone know if the season ender will be reshown anytime sooner than that? I missed it! :frowning:

Johnny wilson

Stunt Coordinator
With other recent shows coming to dvd like 24, the Shield might not be to far away. I'm glad Chicliks got an Emmy nod.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Hehehe, chick licks.
It's Chiklis.
Would like this on DVD as well, the more shows the better. I create my own programming.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think "24" is the exception, not the rule when it comes to early releases of TV product on DVD. "24" is a show that wouldn't fair well in syndication, so I believe Fox decided there would be a better payoff to release the set now and use it to promote the second season of the show.

TV on DVD and release dates would make an excellent paper. I'm sure there are tons of formulas and factors that go into choosing an appropriate release date.

Gord

Rob T

Screenwriter
I think "24" is the exception, not the rule when it comes to early releases of TV product on DVD. "24" is a show that wouldn't fair well in syndication, so I believe Fox decided there would be a better payoff to release the set now and use it to promote the second season of the show.
Another reason that FOX gave was so that it could make the expensive budget for the show more practical.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I've not yet seen this show, but from what people have told me, this isn't exactly great syndication material. I really can't see too many local stations carrying a show with the language this one has. And if they do carry it, it'd have to be aired late evening/night, which also limits the demand. I would think this would be a likely candidate for an early DVD release.

At least I hope so so I can see it.

Johnny wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Good news! I'll be buying this one. I hope it's 16x9 and 5.1. I wonder if it even is filmed in widescreen? Oh, well, who knows other than the creator.

R. Kay

Second Unit
It would seem like an ideal candidate to show off how shiny Chiklis' head looks on dvd.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I just started watching this on the most recent marathon that started last week and I am hooked!

When I get the DVDs I'll have to watch them with my husband--I keep telling him how great this show is.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Looking foward too seeing this on DVD. The cover art looks cool. Iwish January 7th would come soon enough:)

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Depending on price I'll be interested in this one. I watched one episode recently.. the most INTENSE hour of television I'd seen in a long time. Brutal.

Jodee

Screenwriter
The only thing that sucks is that Season 2 starts on the same day the DVD is released.

I saw Season One & loved it and I want to show it to my husband when the DVDs come out. But I'm going to want to watch the first episode! And I'm sure he'll be hooked once he sees it to also want to watch the new season.

I guess I 'll need to leave it on my Replay TV and watch it again with him.

Toby Maldonado

Auditioning
Most of the sites that have it on pre-order list it as Full Screen. I haven't seen any episodes recently but I thought The Shield was filmed in Widescreen. Can anyone tell us if the episodes were Fullscreen or Widescreen?

Thanks!

Toby

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks