What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Warner brings Frank Darabont’s masterpiece The Shawshank Redemption to 4K UHD Blu-ray featuring a new 4K scan from the original camera negative.

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Released: 14 Oct 1994
Rated: R
Runtime: 142 min

Director: Frank Darabont
Genre: Drama

Cast: Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, Bob Gunton
Writer(s): Stephen King, Frank Darabont

Plot: Two imprisoned men bond over a number of years, finding solace and eventual redemption through acts of common decency.

IMDB rating: 9.3
MetaScore: 80

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA, Spanish 5.1 DD...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've never understood why studios often use sub-standard logos, credits, etc., at the start of a "restored" or "remastered" film. I feel like I see this quite often. I guess they don't want to spend the extra money to restore or clean up the credits, but it creates a bad initial impression of the film. The film usually looks great once you get past the opening.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I've never understood why studios often use sub-standard logos, credits, etc., at the start of a "restored" or "remastered" film. I feel like I see this quite often. I guess they don't want to spend the extra money to restore or clean up the credits, but it creates a bad initial impression of the film. The film usually looks great once you get past the opening.
It would be too complicated and expensive. They'd have to either recomposite the original optical elements, if they still exist, or recreate them digitally.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I watched Shawshank Redemption during a flight back home back in July so I'm not in a hurry to revisit the film just yet but I suspect if I pop this in (my copy arrived today) I may end up watching the whole film again after all :) This is a true gem

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baenwort
Recent bookmarks