The Shadow - New Version with Sam Raimi

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad the news is that it's a solo movie. The rumor that came out a few days ago was that Raimi had gotten the rights to all the Street & Smith pulp heroes and was going to do one movie with all of them, which probably wouldn't have served any of them well. Personally, I hope Raimi sticks with the pulp version of the character, which to me is more interesting than the radio show version. The 1994 movie kind of tried to jam them together with a few other ideas about giving him a standard superhero origin, which didn't work for me.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I like the 1994 version, mainly for Jerry Goldsmith's score, Penelope Ann Miller(especially in that negligee!), and the supporting cast. But it could have been a lot better. Hopefully this one will get it right.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I also thought the 94 version was pleasant enough. I'd probably give it a 6.5-7.5 which is around my "hey its on HBO, guess I'll watch it" rating or good for a matinee.

I didn't realize this, but it sure makes sense

ewokninja

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
94 Alec Baldwin version was alright but I'm hoping this one will be a gritty'er portrayal.... maybe more Batman Begins as apposed to Dick Tracy

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
punitatbsabo