What's new

The 'Shack finally has their own................................ (1 Viewer)

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
.......dvd-audio player! :cool:

Yesterday I was in Radio Shack and they now sell a dvd-audio player made by Dual (us old farts know that company by their record changers in those old console stereos). It only cost $99 but it seemed built decently (you would not believe how bananas I went trying to find Dual's website.....and I never did. :frowning: Search engines need to be able to look for capital letters!!!). This may seem trivial but I particularly liked the individual LEDs that indicated specific operating states. I'm tired of audio equipment that crams everything into one hard-to-read fluorescent display. And this player does have a display but it uses that mirrored stuff so you can't see it in the photo.

LJ

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I think this is a good sign in that if there wasn't potential money to be made selling DVD-A hardware (to the masses), Radio Shack wouldn't be doing it. Now if only they'd do an SACD or universal player... :)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Surely, Lee will be posting any minute that RS also sells an SACD player!:D

BGL

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
**flame suit on**

Radio Shack also supported DCC (Digital Compact Cassette)...

Yeah, I rather see RS do an Universal player too.

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
We've had 'em for a while - they're running them out currently for A$119 (~US83). The work well as a p/s player but DVD-A/CD performance is pretty ordinary.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
and to think my HS son gets a discount. now if they'd only add a turntable to the unit then we'd have something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks