The 'Shack finally has their own................................

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by LanceJ, Sep 28, 2003.

1. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

.......dvd-audio player! [​IMG]

Yesterday I was in Radio Shack and they now sell a dvd-audio player made by Dual (us old farts know that company by their record changers in those old console stereos). It only cost $99 but it seemed built decently (you would not believe how bananas I went trying to find Dual's website.....and I never did. [​IMG] Search engines need to be able to look for capital letters!!!). This may seem trivial but I particularly liked the individual LEDs that indicated specific operating states. I'm tired of audio equipment that crams everything into one hard-to-read fluorescent display. And this player does have a display but it uses that mirrored stuff so you can't see it in the photo.

LJ

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I think this is a good sign in that if there wasn't potential money to be made selling DVD-A hardware (to the masses), Radio Shack wouldn't be doing it. Now if only they'd do an SACD or universal player... [​IMG]

3. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

4. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Surely, Lee will be posting any minute that RS also sells an SACD player![​IMG]

BGL

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

**flame suit on**

Radio Shack also supported DCC (Digital Compact Cassette)...

Yeah, I rather see RS do an Universal player too.

6. Craig_Kg

Craig_Kg Supporting Actor

We've had 'em for a while - they're running them out currently for A$119 (~US83). The work well as a p/s player but DVD-A/CD performance is pretty ordinary.

7. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

and to think my HS son gets a discount. now if they'd only add a turntable to the unit then we'd have something.