The Server is really slooooooooww

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rhett_Y, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Hi all..

The server lately has been really sloooooooooow. I am on a dsl line tested up to 800kbs........and trying to get into some of the treads is rediculas.....Maybe you can go through and delete some of the closed posts and delete some of the post after a certain date to help speed things up. Or do some tweeking to the sql parameters....

Just letting you guys and gals know

R~

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Rhett: We're fully aware of the situation. Our new servers are being built; they should be installed and up and running within the next week or so. JB

3. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Jack....

Oh ok....very cool...........thanks for the quick response.

Thanks again........Kepp up the good work..

R~

4. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

>>Our new servers are being built; they should be installed and up and running within the next week or so. JB

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Yes Jim this is getting pretty old. The new servers are in the process of being built and this should take care of the high server loads issues. As I have said before I would rather be able to read and reply in the forum than have the search function enabled. With the search funtion off loads on the server are about 10% of what they would be with it turned on.

I appreciate everyone having the patience, in particular after all the donations that have been made, while we get the new servers on line and taking care of our load issues until our traffic gets even more and it becomes an issue again. Hopefully we will be able to make these load issues a thing of the past.

6. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

I totally agree with your logic. The search function should be the first thing to go when the server is running slowly.

I did my search the old fashion way...click on page 1, then 2, then 3. I found what I was looking for.

Good luck getting the new servers up and running.