The semi-official, my (insert favourite team here) sucks thread!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PatrickM, Dec 11, 2001.

1. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Okay, I've been having a bad couple of years here. Of the four major sports my teams all suck or close to suck. Remember this for rants about how your team sucks not how good they are.
    For NFL its the Vikings who have really sucked this year not to mention the little tease they gave us last year only to get wiped out 41 to zip in the NFC championship game.
    For MLB I'm a Blue Jays fan and haven't had anything to cheer about since 93. Albeit I did get back to back World Series wins which is better than the Mariners fans can say [​IMG] . And, its not going to get better with the Yankees flexing their fiscal muscles.
    For the NBA I watched the Grizzlies because they were the home town team but that A$$hole Michael Heisley took the team from here which is his perogitive so I'm back to my original team the Celtics which are much better now that Pitino got his butt out of Beantown. I also like the Mavericks because of Steve Nash. (Okay, how does the guy get models with such a bad hair cut? Its like a mini-mullet.)
    For the NHL its the Canucks all the way. They played okay last year making the playoffs in the last spot and then promptly got beat 4 to 0 by the eventually winners the Avalanche. That wasn't that bad but this year they suck big time. Five game under .500 is pitiful.
    My college football team is the Huskies and they got their butts handed to them by Miami. Now their out of the top 20 let alone the top 10.
    Okay, there's my rant.
    Patrick

2. CalvinC

CalvinC Stunt Coordinator

Could be worse, I root for the Carolina Panthers in the NFL. To bad Detroit isn't playing them, because Detroit would get its first win! I'm a Houston Astros' fan and they choke every time they get into the playoffs! [​IMG] My college team is my alma mater, the University of Houston, which sucks in just about everything this year. [​IMG] And the Houston Rockets haven't done much the last few years either.

3. RicP

RicP Screenwriter

Well after a hell of a run it looks like both my Yankees and NJ Devils have hit the skids.
    The Devs especially have just been playing soulless this year so far. No scoring, no defense, no goaltending...that'll win you a lot of games!
    Ah well, here's hoping they snap out of it before the end of Football Season.

4. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

5. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

6. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

My New York Giants suck. The frustrating thing is, they have one of the most powerful defenses in the league. Strayhorn is a poet on the field. It's such a shame that they can't score and their offense makes a lot of stupid mistakes.

For Chist's sake, they lost to Dallas! Yech!

My Knicks suck. Remember when they almost, and should have, won the championship against the Rockets? That was their last chance for a while.

7. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

I live in the Cincinnati area

Home of the Bungles

enough said

8. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

My Kansas City Chiefs pretty much suck. And my NFC team the Detroit Lions... well we all know..... this is the most publicity the Lions have gotten in years! But between my 2 favorite NFL teams we do have 3 wins[​IMG]
    KC & Detroit= 3 wins, 21 losses[​IMG]
    And we probably don't need to say anything about my Detroit Tigers!

9. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Let's see...

Detroit Lions: 0-12

Montreal Canadiens: missed playoffs last three years

Univ. of Michigan basketball: ugly

I would mention the Detroit Tigers, but I am no longer a major league baseball fan. I gave up the sport after the strike.

10. Chris Tinglin

O, puh-leeze. None of you can hold a matchstick to the heaving suckiness of my Dallas Cowboys (sob).

As for MLB, yeah my BJs suck too (huhhuhhuh...i said, "BJ"), and the Raptors are starting to get weak inna knees.

At least the Leafs are hangin tight...

11. Ron Eastman

Ron Eastman Second Unit

As a former Phoenician and a current Nebraskan you can probably guess who my teams are:
    Arizona Cardinals - Fans of this team have been in pain since 1948. I've been a fan since 1989, the year I arrived in Phoenix and the year after they did. Every year brings new hope followed by despair.
    Arizona Diamondbacks - Can't complain here. [​IMG]
    Phoenix Suns - I've had so many high points with the Suns but I've been in a funk about them since they traded Kidd during the offseason. Not that he was the second coming or anything and hey, what am I bitching about, they're 13-9.
    Nebraska Cornhuskers - If I complain about the fortunate circumstances they're in I'm liable to get stoned to death.

12. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

13. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

My Raiders suck.
    Well, they are 9-3 but they lost to the Cardinals last week and barely got by the Chiefs this week. I'd imagine it boils down to the Steelers and Raiders and Pittsburgh looks much better than Oakland at this time.

14. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

Ya'll aint got NUTHIN' on the PITTSBURGH PIRATES .
    A truly pathetic bunch of losers. A $10 million dollar slap hitting catcher in Jason Kendall with a surgucally repaired ankle.
    A worthless $3.5 million second baseman in Pat Meares who admits his hand is too hurt to hold a baseball bat yet our genuis manager has already claimed he will be our second baseman next spring.
    A $5 million right fielder in Derek Bell who had trouble hitting .100 in AAA.
    A $6 million 1B in Kevin Young who granted is in the upper echillon defensively but can't hit worth crap anymore and who even in his prime was average for his position offensively.
    Our centerfielder, Adrian Brown, plays a dozen or so games every year before getting hurt.
    We trade Jason Schmidt and John Vander Wal for Armando Rios and Ryan Vogelsong! Great trade! But wait! In Rios' second game with the team, and Jason Schmidt at the plate for his new team, he hits a ball to Rios who tears up his ankle on the play trying to catch it. Days later Vogelsong gets hurt in need of Tommy John surgery.
    Our ace, Kris Benson, unergoes Tommy John. Our future ace in the minors, Bobby Bradley, undergoes Tommy John Surgery.
    And we have a manager in Lloyd McClendon who plays players based on his friends and salaries, not talent (Kevin Young over Craig Wilson, Pat Meares over Warren Morris and Abraham Nunez, and playing Jack Wilson, who is terribly overwhelemed by ML pitching, just becasue he like "the kid," and John Wehner while he was still here because he was the Pirates' "secret weapon" [​IMG] )
    Bright spots: Brian Giles, who will be traded sooner or later for "talent," Aramis ramirez who will be dealt or leave via Free Agency in a few years when he is really in his prime and is the best hitting 3B in the league, and some nice minor leaguers like Nate McClouth and JR House.
    Still, the team sucks and will only get worse.[​IMG]
    Expect to never see teams like Pittsburgh, Kansas City, and San Diego in the playoffs....ever.

15. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Well, I peaked from 98-2000 with the Colts, Pacers, Yanks, I see the tide turning.

Of course, this was after a run from 1981 to 1993 of total horror when the Pacers started making the playoffs, although the next few years still had several heartbreakers, like 95 Yanks/M's and 95 Colts/Steelers, and 94/95 Pacers/Knicks/Magic.

So I don't feel guilty that my team finally made an NBA Finals, Yanks won several and the Colts actually made a few playoffs and put up 13 wins.

But now is the beginning of the downslope. Oh well, it was A LOT of fun while it went.

Who knows, Tinsley may yet get things going for the Pacers.

Despite Giambi I think you are going to see a drop in Yanks production, not unlike what occurred the last 2 years (remember they went into the playoffs the last 2 years as big underdogs).

16. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Time to talk CFL. MY hometeam, the Edmonton Eskimos, who had a so-so season (8-8-2 or something). They get a by and let Calgary and Vancouver decide who will play them in the Western Final. Calgary won and came to Edmonton to play.
    To make a long story short, probably one of the ugliest football games to have ever graced the natural grass of Commonwealth Stadium. It was not a good day to be a Eskimos fan [​IMG]
    However, I have my Oilers and other than that lapse with the Dallas Stars last week (yes all Dallas fans-we'll be having some words to say to each other in a few months :p) ), they still remain one of the top teams in the league. [​IMG]

17. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

By birth I'm a San Diego Charger fan by default. Once again, not much to cheer about this season as the slide continues with a 6 game losing streak. Or is it 7 by now?

We don't even have a Basketball team.

Baseball? Tony Gwynn retired but we've got a brand new shiny baseball park. Glad I'm not paying for it. I live in the next county now.

The Aztecs? Please.

Still, the finest weather in the country though.

18. Duane_T

Duane_T Stunt Coordinator

I've been a fan of the New York Islanders since the mid-70s. This is such a great year, after a looonnng stretch of bottom of the barrel. What was it, 93 when they were last in the playoffs?

19. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

20. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

Well, I grew up in the NYC area and my favorite teams have been handed down to me by my father. Damn him for not liking the Yankees! In baseball I ended up being a SF Giants fan because he grew up (and actually played for one spring) a NY Giants fan and still followed them when they moved to San Francisco.
    The Knicks....like stated in a previous post, they have only 2 players who can score (Sprewell and Houston) and now they have lost Van Gundy to top it all off. They are going nowhere [​IMG] They should have beaten the Rockets in '94 so the last time I remember them winning it all was in the early 70's. That damn OJ Simpson took away every bit of enjoyment in '94 by the Bronco incident.
    The Rangers.....well they whetted my apetite by winning it all in '94 but have sucked ever since. I would hold out hope this year but nobody is going to touch the Red Wings.
    The Giants (football this time).....what a letdown year if ever there was one. They have a superb defense but their special teams and offense keep losing games for them. Maybe we can get Drew Bledsoe from the Pats since he is out of a job. [​IMG]