The Score DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad_W, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Well, I just watched this about 10 minutes ago and have never seen the movie prior. First and foremost... yes, this movie had a predictable ending and it seemed that Frank Oz and/or Kario Salem/Lem Dobbs/Scott Marshall Smith ran out of ideas on how to end the movie, but other than that I though the movie was awesome.

It is Enhanced for 16:9 which is something I cannot take advantage of yet, but still enjoyed the widescreen. The DVD only has Dolby Digital 5.1 and for me the use of surrounds was weak and didn't use the low frequency much, but the film itself didn't require it so that really isn't a complaint rather than an observation.

The features include: Theatrical Trailer, The making of The Score, Additional Footage, and a commentary track by director Frank Oz and Director of photography Rob Hahn.

I only checked out the trailer, The making of and the Additional footage.

The making of The Score. was very lame because it was another "Making Of" that really only shows scenes from the movie and shows the actors/crew commenting on the movie (I play the character such and such and he/she did this and thinks that... blah blah) which I personally feel is not really a "Making Of" so much as it is a "Spotlight On." So for those who are interested in more "Making of" documentaries that show behind the scenes and the like, you'll probably (most likely be) disappointed with this.

The Trailer was also in widescreen and 5.1.

The Additional footage was interesting because it has 3 additional shots including a Brando and DeNiro improv scene and all three were in widescreen.

Well, that's it, enjoy.

2. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Thanks for the review; I'm looking forward to seeing this film.

3. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

Brad,
    I agree, The Score had a somewhat predictable ending, but the rest of the movie is excellent.
    When DeNiro went to steal the sceptor, I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest it was beating so hard.

The Score will have you at the edge of your seat, and biting your nails.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    L

4. Kirk Tsai

Kirk Tsai Screenwriter

I found it to be a nailbitter as well. For those who have already listened to the DVD, does Oz refer to his battles with Brando?

5. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I liked it a lot - except for Brando.

6. Robyn Young

Robyn Young Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Rob--Didn't like Brando all that much. It was pretty interesting in a lot of ways, though. There were parts that I was just mezmerized which what was going on. I couldn't help think that it dragged a bit in certain places, though.

Not a bad flick.

robyn

7. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i also liked the movie, but that darn scene where

they're in his jazz club going over the plans and they pull out that piece of pipe

just ruined it for me. i knew, right there and then what was going to happen.

oh well, maybe not worth buying, but definitely worth renting!

8. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

I agree about Brando in the movie, he seemed a bit "off-center" as compared to the rest of the characters in the film. I am not aware of the "battles" between Brando and Oz, someday I might check out the commentary (when I own it). This film definately had the heart-stopping/nail biting suspense that I really enjoyed (chain-smoking parts for all you "agitated" smokers).

Joel,

While this is a great film I would hold off buying it. It's a great rental and probably a DVD to wait on for when the price drops. As I've stated in my review, the "extras" are a bit weak, especially the Making of... documentary.

9. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

10. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

So, did anyone buy this dvd yet?

11. ErichH

ErichH Screenwriter

I picked it up last night and enjoyed it - mabe it's not the best RD out there , but

it's worthy of being in my collection . I'm a big Edward Norton fan . The trappings /

Jazz/Exotic Tools - are great - who doesn't like a good heist movie .

Eric