What's new

The scoop on the Xbox S-Controller (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I picked up an S Controller yesterday and so far I really like it. It took me a little bit to get used to the BLACK and WHITE button placement, but I am comfortable with them already. I also really like the light weight of the controller compared to the Original. I played Spider-Man for about 2.5 hours last night and not once did my hands feel fatigued. The main face buttons are the best improvement, IMHO, they are spaced a hell of a lot better and they are more comfortable as well. The vibration function is exactly the same as is the controller lenght. This is by far the best X-box controller on the market and no one but me will be using it during Multi-player action. ;)
-Dean-

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
It's nice, but I'll only be using it in games that don't use the black and white buttons. Definitely not as versatile as the original controller.

-Dave

ChrisV

Second Unit
That's interesting, I can barely use the black and white buttons on the original controller. You crazy big-handed Americans! :)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Ha, I never seem to have a problem reaching the white button on the original controller. Of course, it's usually when I am reaching for the "Y"...
Example: OH MY GOD, THAT BANSHEE CAME OUT OF NOWHERE! Change to rocket launcher, change to rocket launcher! AAAUGH, stupid flashlight!!! (Dies)
:)

Dan B

Screenwriter
I picked one of these up today. My impression after a couple of hours of Gunvalkyrie & Project Gotham Racing:
It's my new controller of choice. It really helped my game in Gunvalkyrie. (& those of you who've played it know how much it's needed in that game) I like the A, B, X, Y buttons, the sticks, & the D-pad better than the standard controller. Triggers are a toss-up so far. So far, I prefer the Black & White buttons in their new location also.
I will be using this as my primary controller from now on. If I find anything I don't like, I'll be sure to update my impressions but "so far so good".
-Dan

I have bought two controller S.

For me.... the three most improved things from originals one are :

1. smaller size.

2. D-PAD.

3. A,B,X,Y button position.

I don't have big hands like American, and European people, but I didn't find the original controller too big for my hands.

Only a major thing I coudn't stand on original controller was A,B,X,Y button positions. They're way too close to one another.

Controller S has a very very good D-PAD. (The best D-PAD, I've experienced on any console.)

For me, controller S made a HUGE difference specially in games like DOA3. MUCH MUCH better !

Conroy Tesa

Stunt Coordinator
I love the new controller. I thought the old one was great, but the size difference just feels 'right'.

The ABXY butttons are way better spaced/located.

The Analogue sticks have a better top for your thumb.

The Black and White buttons need getting used to but so did the ones on the larger one.

These buttons don't tend to be mashing buttons anyways so..

I love it

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Anyone know if the type-s imported from the US will work on the UK X-Box? I'll have to truly see how I get on with the traditional pad when I get the console on Tuesday, what I have played of it on in store game demo booths I have not been bothered with so much, but we shall see how I go full time. MS have said they have no plans to put out the new pad in Europe yet.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks