The SCD555ES arrived :)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KevinYS, Apr 11, 2002.

1. KevinYS

KevinYS Extra

Well, after one week of wait, the SCD555ES I ordered from Oade Bro. arrived. The package was very good, they double boxed the package, and in between the two boxes, they added those protective "peanuts". The unit arrived without any problem. [​IMG]
    Once the player is hooked up, I started playing some of my old CDs and few of my just purchased SACDs. The initial impression was very positive on both the SACD and redbook CD. SACD did sounded great, and I am also happy to find out that the redbook CD also sounded good. The disk change time was not too long, and the track change was almost immediate. I guess the only thing that I was not use to were the noise induced by the disk change. Since I usually play the entire disk, that didn't really bother me too much, but I sure wish the noise could be lower.
    Overall, with only about 4 hours of playing time, I am very pleased with this purchase, and with the recent lowered price, I have to agree with all the folks here that recommended this player, it was a very good choice.
    Kevin

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Kevin, glad to hear from another satisfied 'C555ES owner. I've been so happy with the 'C555ES in my main stereo system that I bought one for my second system. It is an incredible value now. What were you using for CDs before getting the 'C555ES? Just curious.

3. KevinYS

KevinYS Extra

Keith,

I was using Pioneer DVD as transport going into Bel Canto DAC1.

By the way, based on your suggestion, I picked out several of the SACDs you had recommended and some of the others. I ordered from amusicdirect.com, and currently they have 10% off discount until April 15.

Regards,

Kevin

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Kevin, right. I remember your comments about the Pioneer DVD transport and Bel Canto DAC from a prior thread.

Music Direct is an excellent dealer. Good choice.