What's new

THE SCARECROW OF ROMNEY MARSH-Nov.11, 2008 (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
UltimateDisney.com announced today that: "DR.SYN,ALIAS THE SCARECROW" will be released as part of Walt Disney Treasures Wave 8 on Nov.11,2008.

It will be two discs containing the UK theatrical 1963 version(which is longer than the US 1975 theatrical re-edit). And more importantly all three parts of the Walt Disney original 1964 TV presentation, "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh". (Hopefully including Walt Disney intros and scenes for next week.)

The Scarecrow was played by Patrick McGoohan and is a must for Danger Man/Secret Agent fans. It was reported earlier online that McGoohan has filmed an interview for this release.

The Scarecrow features the adventures of a minister by day, masked smuggler by night and features probably the most exciting and bone chilling theme song of any TV show. Great adventure and fun with the usual intense McGoohan performance.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Very good find, Bob. I'm really surprised that it has taken "Scarecrow" this long to get released given that it starred Patrick McGoohan. This is yet another show that I haven't seen since its original broadcasts. For a DVD that won't be released until November, "Scarecrow" already has 100+ pre-release reviews at Amazon. This should do very well, indeed.

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
This was supposed to be released back in 2003 (I know because I pre-ordered a copy from Amazon), but got axed for some reason. I'm VERY glad to see it's getting a release this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks