What's new

The Sandlot! My Bodyguard! Rookie Of The Year! Check your stores now... (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
If an admin thinks this is risky/risque', then please lock or delete it with no complaints from me.

Fox "Family Feature" titles due on 1/29/02 were found and purchased by me today, for under $15 each.

Me and my wife were ½-way through The Sandlot when she got a call from a friend needing help (friend's brother got bitten by a brown recluse spider, and needs to go to the hospital). Picture and sound on this film were awesome, and I was thoroughly enjoying this feature which I'd never seen before. We'll watch the rest of it when she returns, but I checked the long list of TV spots and the trailer, and all were much fun. Looks great.

We also found Rookie of the Year, which I've never seen either, and My Bodyguard, a film me and my brother enjoyed much on cable when we where teens. Note that the cover art for this title now accurately says "Matt Dillon", instead of "Matt Damon" as on early pre-release pics of the cover art.

Knowing the strict policy we have at HTF against naming stores that break street date, and knowing that Fox exec Peter Staddon is probably watching closely (sorry Peter), I won't name the store no matter what. But look around; you are sure to find it somewhere nearby.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Yeah I picked up Sandlot & Rookie of the Year last Wednesday. Have to agree with David, the picture on both DVDs is impressive. Man I love finding movies out early. :)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
My mom was bday shopping for me today and she said that she saw The Sandlot at deleted by administrator. I have to wait until tommorrow to see if she got it for me but if she didn't I will be there tommorrow afternoon to pick it up.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Ahhh rookie of the year... memories... i used to watch that when i was like... 10... or however long ago that was.. :D
i recently watched it again on satellite... :)

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Rookie Of The Year is surely good, goofy fun, but my money will be better spent once Columbia gets around to releasing Little Big League (1994), baseball comedy in which kid's uncle wills him the Minnesota Twins, hilarity ensues. Features a sweet soundtrack by Jeff Beck, Stanley Clarke, and Booker T and The MGs. Surely I'm not the only guy here to enjoy this trifle of a movie...? Anytime now, Columbia...

Cheers!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I believe "Breaking Away" is also being released on the same day under the Fox "Family Features" shingle. As enjoyable as "The Sandlot" and "My Bodyguard" are, I believe this one is the cream of that particular crop.

Regards,

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
If my family couldn't handle a scene of a topless woman now and then, we'd have to switch my 5-month old daughter to formula. :b

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks