What's new

The Sandlot, My Bodyguard, Breaking Away, and others coming to DVD. (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
From DVD File...
Arriving on 1/29 is Fox's Family Features collection, with five brand-new to DVD favorites, each with a retail price of $19.95. My Bodyguard, Breaking Away, The Sandlot, Rookie Of The Year, and Baby's Day Out all feature 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfers (The Sandlot is in 2.35.1), English 2.0 surround and English and French mono tracks, and Fox Flix trailers for all five films,. Baby's Day Out, Sandlot and Rookie all include featurettes, and My Bodyguard and Breaking Away additional TV spots.
Out of those five titles mentioned, I'll be buying four of them (who wants the piece of crap that was Baby's Day Out?
smile.gif
). I'm just glad that Breaking Away and My Bodyguard (two personal favorites of mine) are getting a DVD release.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
The Sandlot is one of my most wanted titles. I can't wait! Thanks for the good news.
I also can do with out Baby's Day Out. But I'm sure somebody out there wants to own it.
------------------
"You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you." - Silent Bob
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai
Optimus Prime Films

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
wow, Sandlot is 2.35:1! I cant wait to see what I have been missing... thanks Fox once again! Link Removed
------------------
Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
Link Removed Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I'm not one for movies aimed at kids, but The Sandlot was fantastic.
I think this will be a purchase.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Breaking Away & My Bodyguard are must-buys, especially at that price.
What the heck is Baby's Day Out?? I've never even heard of that one!
Gotta hand it to Fox (once more) - a family line with all anamorphic widescreen transfers - not a P&S in sight!!
icon14.gif

------------------
Too many DVDs, too little time...
AFI 100 Challenge - 36 to go!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Ill be picking up sandlot and Rookie of the Year for sure. Cant wait

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I'll be all over The Sandlot. I love that movie.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
What the heck is Baby's Day Out?? I've never even heard of that one!
You're not missing much here.
It's basically a "Home Alone" ripoff, which a baby instead of a 10 year old kid.
A bunch of idiot thugs kidnap a baby, and have a hard time holding on to him as they chase him throughout the city.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I have been waiting for The Sandlot for quite some time now. Counting down the days.
You're killing me, Smalls!
Brett B.

darrin

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent news!!! I LOVED My Bodyguard when I first saw it
way back when. I have to admit I am intrigued about The
Sandlot. Everybody seems to want this film. Excuse my
ignorance but what is it about?

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny B
Thanks FOX for BREAKING AWAY. A definite purchase for me. Gotta admit that I was (pleasantly) surprised when I saw this one announced.
Johnny B.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I'm thrilled about Breaking Away also, but it seems kind of strange to lump it into the same Family Features category with Sandlot and Baby's Day Out. Breaking Away, while suitable for younger ones, is clearly a movie aimed at adults (or at least college-aged kids).
At any rate, it's a must-have for me.
Link Removed

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
And how many of you that are fawning over Breaking Away, bothered to sign our struggling petition on the Studio feedback page?
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it's coming (and much sooner than I thought
smile.gif
) It was just the frustration and struggle to keep it on the page, because nobody would sign it.
Turns out Fox was listening, and that petition wasn't necessary. Good!
I suggested this one to Peter Staddon last Nov. when we paid him a visit. I like to think I maybe sparked an interest there. Well, one can dream can't he?
wink.gif

The Sandlot, and My Bodyguard are also very good news. $60 bucks for 3 movies? Bargain!
------------------
*Federal
*Galaxy
*Top News
*Enlist
*Exit
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
What the heck is Baby's Day Out??
As far as I can tell, some marketing guy realized that Mr. Magoo was offensive to the blind and nearsighted, had an epiphany, and said "but what if we replaced him with a baby? They hardly ever write protest letters!" Another marketing guy then said, "It's a kids movie, and every third kid's movie needs a kidnapping plot since most other crimes are too violent." At that point, all they had to do was write the screenplay.
smile.gif

Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Excellent news!!! I LOVED My Bodyguard when I first saw it way back when. I have to admit I am intrigued about The Sandlot. Everybody seems to want this film. Excuse my
ignorance but what is it about?
The Sandlot is a movie that takes place in the early 60s about a new kid who moves to a town and discovers an empty lot with a sand baseball diamond where 8 neighborhood kids play baseball. This kids father has passed away and doesnt know much of anything about baseball, but since he has no friends, he decides to hang out in the bushes one day until hes noticed and asked to play as the 9th man (to complete the team). Well, the kid really sucks, and basically, the movie is about playing baseball as a young teenage boy and the adventures they have. The movie also stars James Earl Jones and Denis Leary as supporting roles. Theres alot more to the story than I just typed, but that'll give you a good idea of what to expect. This is an excellent movie and I also cant wait for it to come out.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Good summary of the movie...
One thing I'll add is that the kid who doesn't know how to play is "taken under the wing" of the best player on the team and they become good friends.
Also of note is that Dennis Leary's performance is literally like none of his other performaces.
He plays his character completly "straight" with no irony.
It is touching and one of his better performances.
It's a great film...can't wait to pick it up.
For those of you who have seen it...don't forget Wendy Pefercorn!

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
YESSSS!!! I have been hoping for DVDs of My Bodguard and Breaking Away, two of my favorites, too. Now I can ditch that old pan and scan laser disc of Breaking Away. Let's hear it for "family favorites" that are anamorphic widescreen. What does Fox know that Warners doesn't?
And, er, I'm looking forward to the Shirley Temple DVDs.
Thank you Fox! If only you would release Taps and Turk 182 onto DVD... (banging THAT drum again)
-- PaulaJ

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
THE SANDLOT ON DVD !!!!!!
I am not sure if the petition I started had any effect but if it did THANK YOU EVERYONE
I am so happy I am in tears, We finally get to see The Beast on DVD !
Thank You FOX I love you
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks