What's new

The Saint / Kilmer DVD (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Has there been any rumors / talk of Paramount doing a Special Edition of The Saint on dvd? I would love to see one done.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Is there somewhere I can find a review for this disc? Wasn't an alternate ending shot as well?

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The DVD was in the very first wave of Paramount DVDs and features and anamorphic widescreen transfer, Dolby Digital & Dolby Surround English, Dolby Surround French, and even included an audio commentary with director Philip Noyce along with the trailer.

It is selling right now for about $15.00 in stores. Not a bad price.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Thank you, Rutger. Glad the Forum has some good people out there.

I'm sure the demand is low / non existant for a Saint Special Edition. It would be cool to see though. I think it's a great movie. No way is it better than the tv series with Roger though.

The price on the Saint has been lowered to $15? Why does Paramount seem to price their DVD's so much higher than everyone else?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Here is some info on this title:
Link Removed
There was an alternate ending shot. I think it would be cool to see all of this on a new DVD of the film. There's some great history to Simon Templar and the Saint stories.
How is the commentary for the film?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Were the extras for The Saint DVD the same worldwide? What features were included on the UK version? Also is there a website for Canadian dvd's? Would a different version exist somewhere?

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The price on the Saint has been lowered to $15? Why does Paramount seem to price their DVD's so much higher than everyone else?

A lot of Paramount Home Entertainment titles got new $19.95 MSRPs, which is in the same league as other major distributors now.

Angel Eyes from Warner Home Video only has an audio commentary for added-value material and has an MSRP of $24.95.

Just Visiting from Buena Vista Home Entertainment has a featurette and trailer and the MSRP is a painful $32.99.

Also, did you see the recent announcements for Paramount's latest titles? Many are MSRPing for $24.95, the same price as most new Warner Home Video releases.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Being this was one of Paramount's first releases, would they consider re-releasing the title as a Special Edition with the alternate ending? The director Phillip Noyce commented on the commentary that two versions of the film were screened. He made the comment that perhaps the title would be released again as a special.

I believe he also directed Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger. Not sure what the extras are on these, but have a feeling they are minimal.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
With the announcement that new versions of Patriot Games and Clear & Present Danger in the works, I really hope Paramount considers revisting The Saint.

It would be too bad if they would never release the other cut of the film. I would like to see it made available.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Don't get your hopes up...

Unless it's a BIG title like The Hunt For Red October or a Star Trek film, Paramount isn't likely going to do an SE...

Few studios will do an SE of a title that already has features like a commentary. Paramount has a lot of titles not on DVD yet that need discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks