What's new

The Running Man: Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Let's hope they include the different version of Richard Dawson's death on there, that was gorier I hear.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
They went the extra mile for a new DTS-ES 6.1 track for The Running Man, but not the Terminator 2 Extreme Edition!!??

Those are some wacky folks over at Artisan!

Dan

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
This film has alot of good quotes-

Arnold- "I'll be back!"

Dawson- "Only in a re-run."

When Jim Brown is entering the playing field
with the rocket pack-

Maria- "Jesus Christ!"

Arnold- "Guess again."

I'm a little surprised that this is getting
a special edition with DTS audio. I guess
the old version is obsolete (non-anamorphic and
just stereo sound). I hope Dawson will be on
an audio track.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Dan,

A DTS track would have surely dampened the outstanding transfer on T2 Extreme --- even if only a little bit. It is almost a 2.5 hour movie.

Although most DTS fans would probably disagree with me on this - but, if DTS means hurting picture quality - even by 1-2% - leave it off! I know many would be willing to sacrifice video, even slightly, for a DTS track.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I worked on a documentary with one of richard's sons, and he told me he has a video somewhere of the original cut of the movie, with a different death, with Killian being impaled on a satellite, he said it was gorier.

On another subject, I hear the uncut of Total recall was more gorier, anyone know why that wasn't released uncut recently? A friend in Denmark said there was alot of gore in the european versions. Such a shame.

Brett C

Second Unit
On another subject, I hear the uncut of Total recall was more gorier, anyone know why that wasn't released uncut recently? A friend in Denmark said there was alot of gore in the european versions. Such a shame.
While its true the film had to be cut for an R rating, the final version you saw is Director Paul Verhoeven's final cut.He is quite happy with it, and its the same version released everywhere in the world. With exception of places that forced even more cuts, but never was there a version released longer than the US R version.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I'll have to ask my friend about the Total Recall release, I believe he said it was theatrically released there uncut.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I will not be getting this disc. The old Artisan version of The Running Man entertains me so I will not be double dipping.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
With competitors that have names like Fireball, Dynamo, Buzzsaw, Captain Freedom, and Subzero, who all have a speciality in different weapons and their intent is to kill or be killed.

Bring it on...with some pals and few beers and just enjoy this futuristic gladiator-type gameshow, where the contestants are putting their lives at stake to win the ultimate prize… survival.

And...with some of the cheesiest lines...

[Stabbing pen into lawyer's back]
"Don't forget to send me a COPY."

Ben: "Killian... I'll be BACK."
Killian: "Only in a re-run." Watch

[After killing him]
"Here is Sub Zero... now PLAIN Zero!"

Radio: "All rioters must be eliminated."
Ben: "To HELL with you!"

[Throwing prison guard over rail]
"Give ya' a LIFT"

[Yelling at Dynamo]
"Hey Light Head! Hey Christmas Tree!"

[Running from Dynamo]
"Follow me LIGHT BULB!"

Amber: "What happened to Buzzsaw?"
Ben: "Ahhh.. he had to SPLIT."

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I've been putting off that $10 purchase for months now...glad I resisted, cause I wouldn't have gone for the upgrade.

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to hear this. Almost picked up the old version a couple of months ago, but I chose something else instead. Now I am really glad that I passed. :)

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
I am glad that I did not buy the old version last month when I picked up about five of Arnold's films. I really like this one and want the SE.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Think they were able to get Arnold for a commentary, or was the price too high? And yes, I know what that would entail.
"Richard Dawson plays Killian. Eet is a parody of him from Family Fued. This part is funny. Ha ha ha..."
But hey, on Total Recall he made some worthwhile remarks too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks