What's new

The Runaways (1 Viewer)

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Anybody interested in this?

www.youtube.com/watch

I was a big fan of this terrible, terrible band in my youth (pictures all over my bedroom wall). It's the band where Joan Jett and Lita Ford got their start, and their story is quite dark.

There are a lot of folks out there on the web who are annoyed by the casting, saying that Fanning is "too young," and that Stewart is "too cute." Both Cherie Currie and Joan Jett were the same age as Fanning when the band started. As someone who was "there" (meaning I was "into" them), I think it's PERFECTLY cast, and I'm quite looking forward to it...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's not the ages that concern me. I think both are terrific actresses, but they both look like decent girls playing dress up as rockers instead of actual, rough-and-tumble girl rockers. The look is dead on, but nothing in that trailer really screams bad-ass.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
As a longtime fan of Joan Jett (and to a lesser extent, the Runaways) I am very interested in seeing this.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I too am interested in seeing this film, but I am not at all impressed by the fact that Kristen Stewart is playing Joan Jett. She is an absolutely horrible actress (if you can even call her that). She is the same in every movie she is in. I see no depth to her characters. I cannot imagine why they chose her.

As for Dakota Fanning, I think this young lady is brilliant!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll be seeing this, trailer makes it look like a lot of fun. As far as the casting, I'm not all that surprised by it. Hollywood always puts popularity over talent. Kristen Stewart always appeared to be baffled by her surroundings in her movies, but she might be alright in this. I didn't even recognize Dakota in that trailer. She's the one that typically gets on my nerves, looks like she'll be alright in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks