The Rumor Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ray Warner, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Ray Warner

Ray Warner Stunt Coordinator

May as well start one of these, as I just heard a whopper and want some public opinion.

I'm putting this waaaay the hell out in left field, but if it ever comes to bear, well...The mind trembles at the implication.

In a nutshell, HAL is working on the sequel to Super Smash Bros. Meele...with Sonic Team.

Yeah.

And to the naysayers; you know you've wanted a Nintendo vs. Sega game since the days of 16-bit glory. We may be getting our wish.

This bangs a little too much of the EGM "Sonic is in SSMB" joke for me to put much merit in it, but it's true that Sonic Team loves the GameCube with a mildly unhealthy passion, and HAL seems to share an aesthetic sense with them. You never know, weirder stuff has happened....

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Is it too late to have AM2 do it and make it actually good?

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Jeff;

Are you saying that instead of making a Super Smash Bros. game that is utterly fantastic like the previous two, you would rather have one that's just "good"?

Where did you hear information on this rumor, Ray?

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

First of all, Jeff hates SSB. I'm not sure how Sonic Team could improve it, they did F-up Sonic Adventure 2...

The idea of a Nintendo vs. Sega thing (like Marvel/SNK vs. Capcom) would be interesting. If they added some stuff like in SSB:M (extra levels to play through and such) then it would be cool.

About the rumor, I doubt it's true, but I like the idea. Maybe Nintendo could get all the classic Nintendo console characters to be in the game (MegaMan and such).

5. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Smash brothers is lots of fun, and is accessible enough to get 4 people playing it. Very sweet rumor.

6. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

Well who'da thought Capcom VS SNK would have been made before it was announced? Given the Sega/Nintendo link (like the Sega involvement in F-Zero) this is definitely a viable rumour.