What's new

The Rules of Attraction- Feb. 18th (1 Viewer)

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
From DVDFile.com

To be released by Trimark.

Features include:

1.78:1 Anamorphic widescreen
English Dolby Digital 5.1
"Revolving Door" Commentary with Cast and Crew
Sundance "Anatomy of a scene" episode.
Preview of the upcoming Avary film "Glitterati" along with other trailers and T.V spots.

Retail: $24.95.

Sounds good to me...

Will K

Screenwriter
But I wonder if it's the uncut version or the butchered theatrical version. If it's the latter, I'm not even interested.

Chris Miller

Agent
From what I'm told, the R version is actually pretty similar to the Director's Cut. Not butchered at all.

But I'd prefer the Director's Cut as well. If nothing else, you will probably be able to import it from Canada, where it was released uncut.

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
Chris are you sure about it being released uncut in Canada? You may be right, I'd just always assumed we got the MPAA R rated version here.

Mark

Chuck L

Screenwriter
However it is to be released, it seems that unrated would be best to ensure money would be made. Despite their efforts, didn't seem that anyone was too concerned about the MPAA version when it was out for mass approval.

Christopher Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Well Roger Avary's website goes on about how there are so many deleted scenes and how they could fit up to 8 commentaries on the "R-rated version" because they used a better sound track for the "unrated version". I think the announcement just went out a little too early- or else there may be a 2 Disc version on the way like it seemed to be stated on the website.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The website did act like it would be an insanely intricate special edition, but this one doesn't seem all that great. still, I'll pick it up.

Thx for the news.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Avary was just talking the other day on his journal about how James Van Der Beek had just recorded his commentary track for the film. And at some point, I could have sworn I read that there would be dual "Rated" and "Unrated" versions of the film somewhere. This whole situation sounds a little "incomplete" to me...although, as per usual, I could be wrong. :D
This is going to be one of those situations where if a new SE is slightly down the road, I'm going to have to really hold myself back from buying the standard edition, as this was easily my favorite non-lightsaber involved film of 2002, believe it or not.

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Yeah Im from Toronto and I never noticed any special uncut
version in theaters when I saw the film twice. If it was Uncut damm that was pretty tame for a UNCUT film. I really
hope the DVD is the UNCUT version or has all the deleted scenes seperate atleast. I think either way though Im going to pick this up when it comes out. I will no doubt pick up the UNCUT version if they sell it again later.

-Mike

Chris Miller

Agent
I'm pretty sure the entire world got the uncut version, except the U.S. (thanks MPAA). I believe that included Canada. I'm just going by memory though, so it's possible I'm wrong.

There supposedly weren't many differences between the 2 cuts. I think the 2 scenes cut up some were the Dressed to Get Screwed Party and the Suicide Girl scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks