What's new

The Rules of Attraction Announced Yet? (1 Viewer)

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I know this flies in the face of my theory that the filmgoing experience can never replace the home viewing experience, but I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the DVD release of "The Rules of Attraction" yet. I saw it in the theater and really liked it (while many didn't, which I concede) and since it pretty much bombed and is no longer playing near me, I was curious as to whether or not this was going to have a quick turnaround time on DVD.

I know the general rule is that you add six months to the theatrical release date to get the DVD release date, but with a movie that doesn't do so hot at the box office will this increase the chances of the disc coming sooner?

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Rules of Attraction was released by Lion's Gate, an independent company that doesn't really do big business at the box office (compared with the major studios). Its biggest film was Monster's Ball and it also has The Secretary in theaters now. I'm not really sure that it rushes any of its films to video, however they do at the box office.

As far as whether a DVD has been announced for Rules, I'm thinking you already know the answer to that question. No movie, even a bomb, is announced on home video on only its second weekend in theaters.

Matthew_S

Second Unit
check out director Roger Avary's Site He's been posting photos and updating the progress of the dvd for a while now. It's pretty fascinating. Looks like they're goin to have around EIGHT AUDIO COMMENTARIES on it!!

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Looks like they're goin to have around EIGHT AUDIO COMMENTARIES on it!!
They'll have to edit those down into a few number of commentaries or include the entire film twice, as DVD are limited to 8 audio streams; if they had all 8 commentaries, there'd be no place to put the film's actual soundtrack.

DJ

Ruth_F

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the link to the director's site. i saw maybe 30 minutes of the movie and didn't feel compelled to rush back and see the whole thing....but reading some of his journal it at least makes me interested in renting the dvd.

Will K

Screenwriter
I do hope there will be an unrated cut available. Not a big fan of MPAA hack jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks