Model Number
RMB-1066
Power Out-put
6x60, 5x70....3x150
Aquired Date
November 2001
Overal Rating
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
This little amp has been a welcome edition to my home-theater. Ever since I began the trek from DPL to DD5.1, I've always want to upgrade to bigger if not better. When I got my Denon 1801 to power my Paradigm Mini Monitor series, I thought I was in heaven. Then I began to read about adding an amp to power the fronts/center. Since I knew I could never afford one of the big boys in the amp world, and saving was out of the question since I would spend it on something else. I settled on the 1066. This little amp is surely underrated in terms of power. The 70w/per is certainly more than the same 70w/per that my Denon was rated at(Add to that the 40800uf of reserve capacitors and 2-15A bipolar output device per channel). And the sound that it creates is just pure heaven. Movies have taken on a whole new feel. Now the amp is coupled with a Marantz AV560U in what hope to be its final resting place. Separates Nirvana.
Kevin

george king

Supporting Actor
Model Number
RMB-1075
Power Out-put
5x120
Aquired Date
November 2001
Overal Rating
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Best addition to the system to date. Everything, espcially music sounds new. The increase in detail is amazing.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
George & Luke it's been a while. How have you guys been?
OK, I guess it's my turn.
Model Number:RMB-1095(200x5)
Date purchased: 11/27/2001
Date First Used: 11/25/2001(It was a christmas gift to myself):D
Overall Rating:
:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::s tar::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
I think I'm all out of stars.
The 1095 is an absolute BAD ASS. The control it gives to the bass is incredible and no listener fatigue. I mean no listener fatigue even at insane levels. If anyone doesn't like theirs just give me a call. I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands.

george king

Supporting Actor
Legairre,
It has been awhile. Even though the semester is over, it has been really hectic at work. Did you get your new house and HT finished? Did you get the silver RSP 1066, and how does it sound? Also, did you get new speakers?
A lot of questions, I know, but just trying to catch up with one of the better level-headed people on the group.:D

Luke_Khuc

Stunt Coordinator
Legairre,
Thx again for being friendly and helpful :). How's your 1095 and 1066 combo? My 1095 and 950 are awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on the 1090 some day :D

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Canadian sticker price? GTA dealers? Thanks!
Dave,

If you goto Rotel website and look under NA Dealers you should be able to find a dealer near you. I bought mine from Oakville Audio when the amp first hit the market. I paid $850CDN+tx for it. Believe the list is $1000CDN.

Kevin

Rich Co

Grip
another vote for RMB-1075. I had wanted the 1095 but it would'nt fit my Be'llo rack.
BTW, am pairing it with the 1066.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Kevin,
Thanks for the info. Seems a pretty fair price for 150x3. Not to crap on the Rotel love-fest, however, I instead bought a used Parasound HCA 1000A (125x2) today in a private sale for $450CDN. Everything is swell so far, except for this darned ground loop issue :angry: . Off to Rat Shack on Tues...
Cheers!
DS.

Robert McClanahan

Stunt Coordinator
I am running a 1095 and a 1090.My pre/pro is a RSP985 THX rig.I have two unused channels on the 1095 for a later upgrade to the successor of the 1066 which is being devolped right now.I dont know the model# but my Rotel dealer said it will cost $3000.00.I love both amps but favor the 1090 for its detail with music.:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Yoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I have 1075, and while it's powerful, I'm not too impressed with its sound clearity. But, I don't know if that's problem with my other equipment (Denon 3802 pre/pro or Sony CD player) Would a power conditioner help this issue?

george king

Supporting Actor
Yoon,

It could be the source equipment, particularly the CD player (which one are you using, and how do you have it connected to the Denon). Also, what speakers are you using?

I found a huge increase in detail (espcially fine detail) over the amps in my Yamaha 995.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Thx again for being friendly and helpful . How's your 1095 and 1066 combo? My 1095 and 950 are awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on the 1090 some day
Luke,
It's great to hear from you again. Wow! a 1090. That's one serious amp. I assume it will be serving duty on the front L/R speakers. I can't swing the 1090, but I'm trying to decide wether to get the new speakers first or get an RMB-1066 and have a 7.1 system. I already have identical surrounds. I really want the speakers, but the amp may be a better upgrade until Christmas comes around again(any opinion would be greatly appreciated). I'll try to use Christmas as an excuse to get some new gear again.

Yoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
George,

I'm using B&W CDM7NT and was using Sony CE775 (couldn't stand the bright sound and returned it) and now using my Sony 570 DVD player until Rotel RCD-961 arrives. Yes, my amp brings out better bass and details. Just, clearity compared to 1090 that I heard or even Marantz 9200 receiver, wasn't too impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks