The Roswell Crash tonight on Sci-Fi

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thi Them, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

This special is supposed to reveal shocking new evidence.

~T

2. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Like Al Capone's vault or the pyramid shaft? Of course, I'll be tuned in because I admit that watched the 2 above also! :b

3. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

I'll be watching. I think I read they claim to have a "smoking gun"? Ofcourse, this will probably be revealed past the 3/4 mark of the show (and not really be that exciting)...but what can I say, I'm a sucker for this kinda stuff (and it helps that Firfly + John Doe arent on tonight).
    JQ

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

All the hype is for this dumb Roswell special, when there's another program on SciFi, a documentary by real filmmakers, which is a superior look at the "human side" of alien encounters. It's a shame this Roswell thing is overshadowing it. It's called Abduction Diaries, and it's by Naked Eye Productions, the same people who the Emmy Award-winning film GIRLS LIKE US in 1997.

5. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

This sounds almost as good as the FOX Apollo Hoax special, which I didn't watch either! [​IMG]
    Brian

6. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Oh yeah! The Apollo Hoax show! Watched that too! [​IMG]

7. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Well this one at least has a reasonable premise:

Get archeologists from a university to scour the "skip site" (the farmer's site where something skidded across the field, leaving debris all over the place). There's no controversy about where the "skip site" is (as opposed to the differing opinions about where exactly the crash - whatever it actually was - finally ended up a few miles down).

So there's at least a good approach being documented. But no excuses for the hype of the doc itself though.

8. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

Weeellll, what was the 'smoking gun'?

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The "smoking gun" was a guy analyzing a photography of a government guy holding a note so that he could read what was on the note. There was one photo where the note was facing forward, and when he deciphered what [he thought] it said, it was all about a crash of a "disk" and some beings that were in it or something.

10. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer