The Ropers & Three's a Crowd is a Possibility!!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dan*T, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

As reported by Tvshowsondvd.com, with Anchor Bay releasing each season of Three's Company, there is also a possibility of them releasing the two spin offs, Three's A Crowd & The Ropers. In my opinion, these shows really weren't given a chance to shine (especially The Ropers) and are rarely seen in reruns. I think anyone who would like to see these on DVD should sent Anchor Bay an email and let them know that we want these shows on DVD, and that they are doing a GREAT job with the Three's Company releases so far!!

2. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I've definitely expressed my gratitude in regards to these sets, in addition to my request for both "The Ropers" & "Three's A Crowd".

I especially want "The Ropers" more now than ever, since the two episodes (which are currently part of the season 3 syndication package) will not be included in "Three's Company" 3rd season set.

For the record, I can't wait to own season 3 next month.

3. Jerry R Colvin

Jerry R Colvin Stunt Coordinator

With Jeffrey Tambor popular again on Arrested Development, that could be a good selling point for The Ropers...

4. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

I know I've seen "Three's a Crowd" turn up in the "Three's Company" syndication package, but under a new title: "Three's Company, Too" (though this show might not be in Nick-at-Nite's deal).

Don't know that I've ever seen "The Ropers" in reruns, though.

Odd that "Three's Company's" spinoffs didn't do well, where on the other hand, the two "Man About the House" spinoffs (George and Mildred and Robin's Nest) became just as, if not more successful than the originating programme (especially "G&M").

5. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    THe Ropers used to be syndicatede in my local, it was only showned on weekends though.

6. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

There was a good reason THE ROPERS didn't last.

I guess it should be out there for the completists though.

7. Rob P S

Rob P S Cinematographer

rob

Actually, it started out strong on Tuesday night, but it died when it was moved to Saturday night. I like those two episodes, but let's be honest - the kid was awful, the wife was gorgeous but not funny, and the Ropers were just not leading characters. Tambor was funny in an overacting Ted Knight sort of way.

8. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

I guess, though, that's more down to the (lack of) talent by the two American leads in this show. Don't get me wrong: they made decent supporting characters in 3C, but probably didn't quite have what it takes to headline a series.

In contrast, the two leads in the British version of this show (George and Mildred) were excellent and made this show even more successful than the series it was spun off of.

Of course, pehaps there were problems with the writing in the US series (I haven't seen a "Ropers" episode in forever) that might've contributed to it being weak.

9. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    It's really a shame, because I understand Fell never wanted to leave Three's Company. He figured he had a good thing, why wreck it? And, it wrecked it all around. The show was never the same without the Ropers.