"The Rookie" -- WATCH OUT!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertCharlotte, Aug 26, 2002.

1. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

For those of you who don't want/like to click through...

3. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

"A store" has be selling this title for over a week now. I asked the "sales associate" but she gave me a lame excuse saying that they put it out on sale early because their shipment of "The Sopranos Season 3" was late.

When I told her that it's being released tomorrow, I swear I could hear the crickets chirping in her head.

(admin note - store name excised).

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Luis, forum rules state not to disclose companies selling a title before the official release date.

5. Billy Fogerty

Billy Fogerty Stunt Coordinator

As usual, Disney are still the whores that you have been . I picked this up,put it in my RP91 and hit play. Well, it stayed at 4.3 . I started looking all over the case. In small letters on the back it said itw as 1.33. Disney, as usual, you blow. It will be returned tomorrow, pronto. Is there an anamorphic version?

6. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Bill...

As stated earlier: There are two versions. One in 16:9 widescreen, the other in 4:3 pan & scan.

The widescreen release has the usual banner on the spine.

7. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

Thanks for this heads-up. I can't believe how minor the differences are in these two editions. I was also able to point out the difference to another customer at Circuit City, and she decided she wanted the widescreen version [​IMG]
    Unfortunately, when I was double-checking that I got the right editions at the register, the clerk said most people check to make sure they got the MAR version.

8. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

In a weird situation. My local Disney store only had the Widescreen version. Which is unsual. Since they usually have like 1 WS copy for every 5 of the P&S versions.