What's new

The Rookie (ABC - Seasons 1-4) (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I never bought into the activity that created the need for deception. To me, it almost borders on creepiness. He is middle aged and she is a new recruit. It just seems predator/creepy to me. Otherwise I really enjoy this show.
Yes. If I'm looking for reasons why this show is on the fence in the ratings, the deception and lies coming out of our hero's relationship are a good place to start.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm not used to these one-and-done episodes. Wouldn't it have made more sense to drag out the green-light on Nolan over the course of the season with Cole as the big baddie nemesis? Instead we get a very quick and unbelievable wrap-up with a roadblock on a nowhere street suddenly snaring the baddie like a fly in a very convenient web. I think I'll stick to the limited series on cable.

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering if it was canceled because ABC is showing the 1969 documentary series in the time slot. The last episode to me didn’t feel like a season finale. Maybe it was.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Just started watching this last night. Love Fillion as an actor and was excited to check this out. I liked it for the first couple of episodes, but then the head-shaking silliness became too much. Yes, I know it is just a TV show, but come on. These cops run into more serious action in a day than real cops see in a lifetime. The characters are so stereotypical and predictable. They have checked off every SJW ticky-box to make sure no one gets offended in casting. A guy gets gut-shot with a rifle and is back at work in no time? I...I just can't. This is more like "Police Academy" than a believable cop show.
I wish a studio would release a more realistic cop show. Not totally real-life, because that would be quite boring (or just go watch "Cops") but something at least plausible.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just started watching this last night. Love Fillion as an actor and was excited to check this out. I liked it for the first couple of episodes, but then the head-shaking silliness became too much. Yes, I know it is just a TV show, but come on. These cops run into more serious action in a day than real cops see in a lifetime. The characters are so stereotypical and predictable. They have checked off every SJW ticky-box to make sure no one gets offended in casting. A guy gets gut-shot with a rifle and is back at work in no time? I...I just can't. This is more like "Police Academy" than a believable cop show.
I wish a studio would release a more realistic cop show. Not totally real-life, because that would be quite boring (or just go watch "Cops") but something at least plausible.
I like the show but will only your one point of how much action they run into. Yes, it’s not realistic, but do you ya really want to see a typical beat cop’s day? I bet you don’t.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, the second season has begun and they wrapped up some loose ends including having one of the main characters leave the show after the actress portraying her leveled accusations of workplace sexual harassment. I'm not really committed to this second season so I'll see how it goes forward with its story lines and ratings.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I still like this show after watching the first 2 episodes of season 2, but Fillon's character being such a magnet for "hot" and intelligent women is kind of laughable.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I still like this show after watching the first 2 episodes of season 2, but Fillon's character being such a magnet for "hot" and intelligent women is kind of laughable.
I think Fillon is a good lookin’ guy and don’t find it laughable at all. Besides, luckily for me, women seem to be more flexible in what they find attractive in a man.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I find it very coincidental that two Easterners who knew each other during college both made career choices that sent them to the same city and working in the same part of town. Seems a bit to obvious as was the "date" segment in this weeks ep. Still watching and enjoying. Hope this continues.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I find it very coincidental that two Easterners who knew each other during college both made career choices that sent them to the same city and working in the same part of town. Seems a bit to obvious as was the "date" segment in this weeks ep. Still watching and enjoying. Hope this continues.
It was 20 years before they were in vicinity of each other.:)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
For me, the show is still holding up pretty well. I'm liking some of the new characters that are being introduced, particularly Brent Huff's character Smitty. I enjoyed the pairing of Smitty and West in Sunday's episode. Sort of fun seeing Fillion (briefly) re-united with some of his Castle cast mates.

As far as Fillion and the ladies goes, there is no shortage of attractive women in this series. Tim Bradford did okay in that department in Sunday's episode; and I'm curious if that will develop into something more serious or if it was a one time deal.

Best line of the episode (or at least the one that rang truest to me) was when Lopez told Wesley "You gotta be rich to even think that way."

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks