What's new

The Rook (STARZ) (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yes, please! I read "The Rook" shortly after it was released and loved it! I wholeheartedly recommend the book to fans of fantasy / scifi / intrigue stories. It's The Bourne Identity meets The X-Men. There's a lot of potential for big-budget, high-production values TV format.

Now i have to figure out how to get STARZ to watch it when it comes out this summer.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
She looks like the second girl who played Mandy Milkovich on "Shameless".

This definitely looks in my wheelhouse, but I'll probably wait until "Outlander" comes back to watch it; too many streaming services, too little time.

If you have a Roku, you can subscribe to Starz directly through it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No Roku. But we’ve got Hulu and Prime, so I can get Starz through them cheap or free. I also want to see American Gods. Like you I’ll wait until the show is out and I’ve got a block to watch the series of ingests through.

If The Rook was on a network I already have, I’d bump it up in priority. But, Starz. :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I watched the premiere episode and it didn't really grab me, but the premise, the lead actress, and the production values (including locations and cinematography) are strong enough that I'll hang around. I do hope it gets a little bit more engaging in terms of the storyline as the first episode just 'set the table'. I am sort of curious to see if the show delves more into the origins and basis for the para-normal abilities of some of the principal cast. (Never read the source novel.)

The lead actress, Emma Greenwell, sort of reminds me of a British Clea Duvall; which isn't a bad thing.

When the show opens, I mistakenly thought we might be in Washington DC, but soon learn that we are based in London. (The building in the distance that I thought might be the Capital Dome is actually St. Paul's cathedral.) Sort of subtlety ties into the disorientation of the lead character in the opening episode.

As and aside, American Gods is worth your time if for no other reason than the visual aesthetic of the series. (Ian McShane is pretty awesome also.)

- Walter.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Let me know what you think of the show. The book is great.

I’ve read American Gods two or three times. I wanted to watch thlet show and I’ve heard S1 is wild. But I’ve read that S2 is not good.

And I don’t have STARZ so I haven’t gotten around to finding these shows via streaming or disc yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks