The Rolling Stones and other Rock stuff

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sean A, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Sean A

Sean A Stunt Coordinator

Wonder if we're ever going to get one of the greatest concert films on DVD : "Ladies and Gentlemen-The Rolling Stones" (1974) which features some white hot performances from their 1972 tour. There are plently of bootlegs of this doc around, but I NEED a legitimate release (and I don't think this ever appeared in any legit homevideo format). And I'll even take "Let's Spend the Night Together" from 1983 as well. This Hal Ashby directed flick was released by Embassey, so I wonder if MGM has the rights now, or if the Stones control it themselves.

Some many great rock classics need to come to DVD. like the "TAMI Show" and the "TNT Show".

And it would be wonderful if Sony put on DVD that marvelous Bob Dylan Tribute concert from 1992 that featured Neil Young , Tom Petty, Stevie Wonder, John Mellancamp, Johnny Cash, Eric Clapton, George Harrison (I believe this was one of his last live appearances) and a bunch of others, included His Bobness himself . This was on VHS in the early 90s (not sure if it came to LD)

2. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    I'd certainly buy any of those Stones items plus any Dylan I could get my hands on. Another Stones item is COCKSUCKER BLUES, which is without a doubt one of the worst "documentaries" ever made but it still has a certain charm.

While at a retail store today, I picked up Dylan's MTV UNPLUGGED, which isn't due out until next Tuesday. The V/A is great but sadly Columbia didn't add any bonus tracks. I'm shocked the 30th Anniversary Concert isn't out yet but I'm guessing this has more to do with Bob than the studio. Unplugged is being released the same date as his CD Bootleg Series Vol. 6 so hopefully another DVD will arrive with the next title or perhaps with the second batch of SACDs.

3. Osato

Osato Producer

I really enjoyed the Stones Bridges To Babylon concert. I agree also that these older concerts should be released.

I'd love to see all the WB taped Van Halen concerts with David Lee Roth released by WB someday, but I don't see it ever happening. A true shame.

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I'd kill for an official remastered release of Cocksucker Blues on DVD!

5. Stu Rosen

Stu Rosen Second Unit

Well, there is Gimme Shelter, in a very nice Criterion version.

6. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

I own 7 Rolling Stones videos, including Cocksucker Blues. I'd like to have 25x5 on DVD

7. PhilBoy

PhilBoy Second Unit

I've been lined up outside my local Best Buy for 11 months now waiting for the release of "Ladies And Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones".

... burr. Glad winter is over.

Last time I saw it was in '74 at the show.

8. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

Having attended the US Festival 1982 (the first one) and seeing all the video cameras set up, I wonder why this 3 day event was never made available on DVD?

I see Triumph (they were at US Festival II in 1983) is one band that released a video from their performance but that's it.

Shame if this never makes it to the Home Theaters.[​IMG]

9. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

Might be a rights issue - awful lot of acts to clear...