What's new

The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
In the unlikely event you missed it on the other thread, here is the back cover.

Not a lot of info, it looks like it's been hastily designed with Mr and Mrs Joe Average in mind.

r&h back.jpg

Doug.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
It would be great if they have done new 4K scans from the 65mm of The Miracle of Todd-AO and The March of Todd-AOshorts.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Craig S said:
Having both the current SoM & SP releases, I was going to wait for individual releases. But this price is a game changer. Ordered.
+1

I'm still not sure it wouldn't be less expensive to wait for the individual releases (and, frankly, I prefer to have individual titles to file on my shelves rather than a "collection"). But, I can't be sure of that...and, really, who wants to wait! :biggrin:

Pre-ordered.

Where Craig S sits, I will sit. Where Craig S kneels, I will kneel. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. :laugh:

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Something in me wants to wait, as I did with the Marilyn Monroe collection... That set was in a cheap cardboard folder, and I much preferred having the titles in individual cases (Blu-rays still get scratched despite their harder coating). Yes I'm probably going to wait, and I'm sure this set will plummet in price come Black Friday anyway.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
PS there will probably be a roll-out in other countries around the same time (ideal for Mother's Day)... I think the UK and Australia will be getting this set sooner rather than later.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
This is the kind of release I really don't mind double-dipping at all but two are first time blu-rays and the Amazon deal is so sweet. Have to say, Fox rules the roost these days. Now, if WB would only get a clue and do something, anything, interesting in the near future. Maybe somebody could slap Universal and wake them up, too,

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Ed Lachmann said:
This is the kind of release I really don't mind double-dipping as all but two are first time blu-rays and the Amazon deal is so sweet. Have to say, Fox rules the roost these days. Now, if WB would only get a clue and do something, anything, interesting in the near future. Maybe somebody could slap Universal and wake them up, too,
Oh, Fox is on fire with their classic releases on Blu.... Just like last year I think Fox will really surprise and delight us in 2014.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
What a fantastic surprise, that sudden price-drop. I just checked my pre-existing order and it shows the new reduced price, so I don't need to go in and re-order. That's less than $14 per movie or $10 per disc -- what a tremendous deal!
The best thing for me is that it removes the last vestige of guilt about ordering the whole dang set when I already have South Pacific and Sound of Music. I'll sell those two and if I don't move them, they'll go to the children .... if they're interested!

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
classicmovieguy said:
Oh, Fox is on fire with their classic releases on Blu.... Just like last year I think Fox will really surprise and delight us in 2014.
Yeah, maybe Warner should follow their lead, especially since their classic library is about 3x as big.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I'm still going to wait for individual releases. Since I already own 2, the sale price divided by 4 comes to $18.50 per film. I'm sure I'll eventually be able to do better than that.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
classicmovieguy said:
Something in me wants to wait, as I did with the Marilyn Monroe collection... That set was in a cheap cardboard folder, and I much preferred having the titles in individual cases (Blu-rays still get scratched despite their harder coating). Yes I'm probably going to wait, and I'm sure this set will plummet in price come Black Friday anyway.
I ordered the set myself, but getting a peek at that packaging is certainly giving me doubts. Fox is notorious for using cheap packaging for its boxed sets as of late. One of their DVD sets they released a couple years ago was so cheap the carboard sleeve simply broke when I attempted to remove the disc. That MM set was very much like it. Hopefully they have invested in material that's not entirely bargain basement.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
JoHud said:
I ordered the set myself, but getting a peek at that packaging is certainly giving me doubts. Fox is notorious for using cheap packaging for its boxed sets as of late. One of their DVD sets they released a couple years ago was so cheap the carboard sleeve simply broke when I attempted to remove the disc. That MM set was very much like it. Hopefully they have invested in material that's not entirely bargain basement.
That's why I buy Blu-ray cases (single, double, triple and four-disk). Adapt the DVD cover for Blu, and trash the box.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I've said it before in another thread. But since this is the official one, I'll say it here too. I already have the Target disc-only edition of Sound of Music, and the blu of South Pacific (not to mention the last DVD set of all the movies). I will wait for the single blus to be released because I only really want The King and I and Oklahoma!Maybe Carousel, but the movie really botched the stage version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks