What's new

The Rodgers & Hammerstein Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
cinerama10 said:
Amazon have now listed the set as selling for $180. Definitely not for me no matter hot good the quality.It's no longer a beautiful morning
Then you should have ordered it when it was announced at the $75.00 price as I did. Amazon is making good on that early price listing. You missed out. :)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I ordered it at that price too (through the link)I only really want The King And I and Oklahoma (already have The Sound Of Music).

So it looks like I'll be selling the other four titles on Ebay (similar to what I did with the Hitchcock box).

Actually, I'm able to sell both The King And I and Oklahoma DVD sets on Amazon, so I've already made back about $11 of that $50.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
David Weicker said:
I ordered it at that price too (through the link)I only really want The King And I and Oklahoma (already have The Sound Of Music).

So it looks like I'll be selling the other four titles on Ebay (similar to what I did with the Hitchcock box).

Actually, I'm able to sell both The King And I and Oklahoma DVD sets on Amazon, so I've already made back about $11 of that $50.
AMAZON are selling the set for $109 if you go to their site rather than through the link on this site. Amazon also say that the collection is an 'amazon exclusive'! Does that mean that no other company is selling the bluray set or does it mean that their 'exclusive' set differs from other sets?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
cinerama10 said:
AMAZON are selling the set for $109 if you go to their site rather than through the link on this site. Amazon also say that the collection is an 'amazon exclusive'! Does that mean that no other company is selling the bluray set or does it mean that their 'exclusive' set differs from other sets?
The sale price was for yesterday only (Friday 7/11).As for being exclusive, I don't know for certain. It appears to only be sold by Amazon for now.Normally, with retail exclusives, after a certain period of time, they become available elsewhere, but the same product.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Ronald Epstein said:
Damnit. I just spent $50 I wasn't intending to spend. :unsure: Done!
Ron, at that price you can't go wrong. The video quality is fine to my eyes, and Todd-AO Oklahoma is a sight to behold.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, crap. That's what screen free time gets me. I miss a great deal on a set I'd like to pick up. ;-)

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Even though Amazon Prime gets me free 2-day shipping, I requested ''standard shipping''. I have had a couple of Amazon orders miscarry when I ordered on Friday. For some reason, they claim I will get the order on Sunday when I place orders on Friday. Unless they have rolled out their drone shipping option, that is not going to happen. In both instances, I did not get the order, and the order tracking showed them delivered on Sunday. So, I don't usually order from Amazon on Friday, but I had to in this case to get the deal.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
David_B_K said:
Even though Amazon Prime gets me free 2-day shipping, I requested ''standard shipping''. I have had a couple of Amazon orders miscarry when I ordered on Friday. For some reason, they claim I will get the order on Sunday when I place orders on Friday. Unless they have rolled out their drone shipping option, that is not going to happen. In both instances, I did not get the order, and the order tracking showed them delivered on Sunday. So, I don't usually order from Amazon on Friday, but I had to in this case to get the deal.
Actually I have gotten three orders delivered on a Sunday. They are using USPO that has started delivering packages on Sunday. I got one today. It is shocking to see a Sunday delivery.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
ahollis said:
Actually I have gotten three orders delivered on a Sunday. They are using USPO that has started delivering packages on Sunday. I got one today. It is shocking to see a Sunday delivery.
I have my Amazon deliveries made at my place of business, which is open 7 days a week...eliminates any problems regarding whether someone will be there to accept if it arrives on a weekend...

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I really need to check threads like this one more often - is there a thread that I could bookmark that alerts me to offers like the $49.95 one from Friday?

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
classicmovieguy said:
Earlier today the price went down to $60 - now its $110 again.
Is it only me or is this getting a bit silly? Are we now supposed to check Amazon multiple times each day?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks