What's new

The Rocketeer: 20th Anniversary...? (1 Viewer)

Sten F

Second Unit
This movie really needs a proper Blu-ray & DVD release with bonus features.

Does anyone know if we´re likely to see a 20th Anniversay Edition, which is next year?

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
20 years?!? My god - where does the time go?

And yes, I'd buy a special edition of this in a hot second!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'd absolutely go for a 20th Anniversary edition of this film, something along the lines of the treatment The Last Starfighter got. (Although I'd prefer a Blu Ray release, which TLS also got.) The Rocketeer is the first film I ever bought on laserdisc - a blind buy since I totally missed the film during its theatrical run. (And apparently wasn't the only one.) So to this day I've never seen a really decent presentation of the film, since the current DVD is just a digital version of that same non-anamorphic LD transfer. The film certainly deserves better and so do its fans.

OTOH, I said the same thing last year when Streets of Fire hit its 25th anniversary and I'm still waiting for a decent version of that to be released. Keeping my fingers crossed on The Rocketeer, but not getting my hopes up too high.

Regards,

Joe

LCD22

Screenwriter
I'd be very surprise if they are not looking to capitalize on a pre-Lost Terry O'Quinn. And I'll definitely replace my worn out Disney Channel recording (for BD) if it includes the 1991 documentary special, Rocketeer: Excitement in the Air, hosted by Bill Campbell (which even more missed) which is in even rougher shape since I transferred it to DVD-R. Its inclusion in any future release is a must.

Porfirio

Second Unit
Has there ever been a region-free Special Edition released in another part of the world?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'd love to see The Rocketeer remastered on blu-ray. Fantastic movie, the cast were perfect, loved the recreation of 30's Hollywood, and the music score was one of James Horner's best. Top marks.

Originally Posted by ChrisCook /forum/thread/300902/the-rocketeer-20th-anniversary#post_3696029

jscotto

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Osborne
I hope they do, however, the 20 yr anniversary of Dick Tracy came and went without any hoopla. At least none that I heard of.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
My Scandinavian DVD is anamorphic, but soft like you wouldn't believe. I have a 720p broadcast version of the film that is quite good, albeit cropped to 1.78 from the original 2.35:1.

While waiting for a proper release I wholeheartedly recommend the recent reprint of the complete Rocketeer comics.

Hey, maybe we can share some pictures to keep us occupied. I'm afraid we have a loooong wait ahead of us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks