What's new

The Rock: Korean DTS?? (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Hey all,

Was just wondering how the DTS track was on the Korean version of The Rock. I know the Criterion R1 has DTS as well but it's a HORRIBLE track and something went wrong with the mastering. Most people consider it totally defective. I've heard the import versions are excellent. Anyone know?

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
From what I read, the R1 CC is still the definitive edition to get in terms of audio and video. Since Criterion wasn't available in R3, BV released a dts version in R3. I believe that the dts track is a direct port of the CC dts track, if not inferior to the dts track on R1 CC

CraigL

Screenwriter

That's impossible. The DTS track on the Criterion is (what many believe to be) defective. Horrible, the surrounds almost non-existant. The difference between the DD and DTS is almost night and day.

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
Well, you can certainly order it if you don't believe what I said. AFAIK, this R3 version contains only 1 disc.

Order it if you don't already own The Rock CC, but if you already have the CC, skip it.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Well...

I already have the Criterion. The whole point was to get a DTS track that actually works. I've heard the R2 one is excellent and much better than the Criterion (I guess it was encoded properly) But since I don't buy PAL discs, I wanted to check out the Korean disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks