What's new

The Rock criterion DTS question (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
It may not be the most interesting and spectacular dts track, but it was the first one I listened to on the disc and I had no problem with its content. I'm also a big dts fan, and if it's an option then it's always my first choice (well, almost always), and I go a bit out of my way to make sure I get disc versions with the dts...it often gets dumped in Canada for French DD 5.1 instead.

As somebody else said, very interesting the disparity of impressions. I'm not sure if I mentioned it in *this* The Rock thread, but this has been somewhat of a problematical release and the CC website does not mention any of the issues noticed by the public (because it's manufacturing etc., not their source for publication so not their fault, apparently).

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I'm not sure this is an infallible or even reliable test. Assuming DVD Profiler is accurate, who knows why Criterion may have created a second UPC or SKU. It very well may have nothing to do with a possible remaster of the first release's DTS track.

Veterans of the Great Jurassic Park DTS DVD LFE Controversy can attest to a different pressing perhaps occasioning new/different codes on the physical disc but not necessarily a new SKU.

-p

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
One thing for sure when I watch my Criterion I watch it with the DD. I usually watch DTS if given that option but the DTS sounds very compressed in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks