What's new

"The Robe" and "Demetrius and the Gladiators" are now a wow! (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I found out information on the two editions that Fox is selling. The first is bilingual hence the word under the title of the new packaging. The second as I stated before w/BSG stands for Bible Study Group. For some reason Amazon CA is selling the bilingual copy blu-ray but not the USA. The Bible Study Copy not even Fox could tell me what that means.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I remember when the Robe first aired on ABC at Easter and did so until the Ten Commandments took over in the mid or late 70s. I read that it first aired on ABC Easter 1967 and then another states it was 1968 with one commercial interruption. I have no idea which is right but it was a big event. I was just a kid then but they said they aired the second version and not the letter box version so you saw the movie not in pan and scan. I always knew there were two and they claim Fox Movie Channel used to air that second version. I guess there are few scenes which are different from the big screen version.

Demetrius used to play on local stations before the Robe aired on ABC. I always thought that strange.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I went yesterday to Risen but still prefer the Robe. I put the Robe and Demetrius on to watch when I returned home. The winds here were 65 mile per hour and you could hear the howling as the movie played.

I see the Young Messiah is coming out on the 11th and another on the 16th. 3 faith based movies for Lent this year.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I went yesterday to Risen but still prefer the Robe. I put the Robe and Demetrius on to watch when I returned home. The winds here were 65 mile per hour and you could hear the howling as the movie played.

I see the Young Messiah is coming out on the 11th and another on the 16th. 3 faith based movies for Lent this year.

I was wondering how Risen would compare to the Robe. I'm going to buy Risen once it is available on blu ray and view them back to back. I rarely get a chance to go to the movies anymore, and have to wait until the blu ray release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks