The Road Warrior Special Edition DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Osato, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Osato

Osato Producer

Any word on a Special Edition of the Road Warrior from Warner Bros.? Or did I just answer my own question when I said WB?
    I picked up the Mad Max: Special Edition disc yesterday. Awesome! I love the on screen text trivia. Star Trek :The Motion Picture had this too. Great idea! Any other titles out there that have this feature? [​IMG]

2. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

A Road Warrior SE was announced about 2 years ago and then indefinitely postponed and I havent heard a peep about it since.

Since it was one of the first DVDs they may revisit it at some point but dont hold your breath waiting for it.

3. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

Hey Tim,

To answer your second question- "Bring It On" has a text commentary and I think "The Abyss" does too, but it's been a while since I've checked it out.

Rafael

4. Richard Smith

Richard Smith Stunt Coordinator

Mad Max 4 seems to be going ahead so I'm predicting that Warners will release special editions of The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome to tie in with the release of that.

To answer your other question both Ghostbusters and Die Hard contain text commentaries.

Richard

5. Osato

Osato Producer

Where can I find out about Mad Max 4? Is this a project that is coming soon?

6. Richard Smith

Richard Smith Stunt Coordinator

Tim,
    Heres the page for Mad Max 4 at Coming Attractions. This doesn't seem to have updated for a while. The last I heard about Max 4 was at Dark Horizons here which says that the project is going ahead.
    Richard