What's new

"The Road Warrior" - special edition DVD? (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already but.....I got the new Columbia House DVD catalog today and listed in it is the following;

"The Road Warrior" Special Edition (Note: This title will be available to ship on 5/18/04)

Well May 18th came and went...I certainly didn't see this mentioned anywhere. There's no new DVD listed on www.amazon.com and I sure don't remember any announcement from Warner Brothers about this.

So was this a Columbia House screw-up or did they let the cat out of the bag early (but only have the release date wrong)?

Rolando

Screenwriter
be nice to have a release to match the Mad Max release...

maybe the proper title too.

Does the current release have the original audio or is it a dub job like the original Mad Max?

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
If its the same old R rated cut and not the unrated version that's on the Jap DVD then there's nothing special about it.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I don't recall Road Warrior as a dub job. The original theatrical NA release, and the subsequent VHS tapes of Mad Max were a dub job, but my Road Warrior DVD and VHS tape both have accents on all the actors.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Some character voices are clearly dubbed. Humungus and Wez are for sure and a few others. I have a vhs of Mad Max 2, and there are different voices for cast members in Road Warrior.

It's not a full dubbing like Mad Max was, but they are sprinkled throughout Road Warrior.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor

Taken from http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=392

R1 (America): R-rated theatrical cut (missing several brief scenes, including the close-up of Wez twisting an arrow from his arm and the shot of the feral kid with the boomerang embedded in someone's forehead.)
R2 (Japan) No cuts: This is the complete uncut version which includes the missing scenes from the US theatrical cut.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor

Pictures of cut shots
http://www.christophkirsch.de/madmax/

The original Japanese unrated release is long OOP. Its non-anamorphic and only has 2.0 surround sound The other Japanese which is one found in the link you post, is anamorphic, has 5.1 sound and some extras but is the R rated cut.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
So some voices were dubbed in the American release version?

Crazy...I never knew that.

This film needs to be restored, fully uncut, and un-re-dubbed!!!

Oh, and a heaping helping of extras would be nice, like a commentary from George and Mel, interviews (I'd love to know what the Feral Kid is up to nowadays), trailers, posters, stills, etc.

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone ask when this is coming out, on the Warner On-Line chat as it's past my bedtime being in England!;)

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia

I don't believe the Road Warrior was ever dubbed not unless you mean the first movie Mad Max. Fortunately they released a SE version of this a few years ago that restored the original Australian track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks