What's new

The Road to El Dorado (2000) - coming January 22, 2019 (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Better late than never. Like I said in the Chicken Run thread, I'm glad DreamWorks is finally opening up their back catalog.

Next, please, Sinbad and Joseph: King of Dreams.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Its Universal making these decisions, not DreamWorks Animation. That company effectively ceased to exist as of last year.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That company effectively ceased to exist as of last year.

That's wrong. They exist for sure. They are just as as a subsidiary of Universal, the same way that Pixar exists as a subsidiary of Disney, but they exist. However, you are absolutely correct that Universal is releasing the discs, so I should have been more precise in my phrasing. However, the release of two titles last month and three titles in January is a signal that they are making an effort to put out the DreamWorks Animation back catalog, and that these releases are not random one-of flukes. I think that is to be commended.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I can't find a review for the new blu-ray of The Road to El Dorado, but I'm watching it right now and it looks great! What a wonderfully fun movie with fantastic animation—and great songs by Sir Elton John. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks