What's new

Directors The Ripoff/Sequel "Uncool" Tournament (1 Viewer)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Defacing, not returning or otherwise mistreating something borrowed from a public library

vs.

People talking on cell-phones in a movie theater

Screwing the Library wins out here. At least you can get people thrown out of a theater. Don't F&*! with the library.

Migraines

I saw my dad suffer from them. Never experienced it personally, though.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
cell phones and migraines win.

Round 3 - Bracket 6

The "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" matchup:

telemarketers

vs.

slow drivers

Round 3 - Bracket 7

Really Really Really hot days, and nothing to cool yourself down with

vs.

MAR DVDs

Le Bonus Match:

Round 3 - Bracket 8

"not tonight, honey"

vs.

shaving

Joke of the day:

An Englishman and a Scotsman are both driving at night on a dangerous, twisting road.
Driving too fast for the conditions, they collide on a sharp bend. To the amazement of both, they are unscathed, though their cars are totaled.

Thankful of their luck, they agree not to argue as to who was at fault.

Then the Scotsman goes to the boot and fetches a bottle of scotch. He hands it to the Englishman and exclaims, ''Let's celebrate! May the Scots and the English live together in peace and harmony.''

The Englishman takes the bottle and chugs half the scotch.

Still amazed over the whole incident, the Englishman hands the bottle to the Scotsman who replies, ''No thanks, I'll just wait till the Police get here."

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
telemarketers vs. slow drivers - hard pick, this could easily have been the final 2, but having to pick only one, Slow Drivers gets the nod. I have caller ID to deal with telemarketers, unfortunately, there is no such thing as an idiot id so I can stear clear of these morons in advance.

"not tonight, honey" This one is starting to get really old lately, oops, did I say that out loud. :b

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
slow drivers - I run into these far more often (several times a day) than telemarketers.

MAR DVDs

"not tonight, honey"

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
these are both the worst, but again I'll go with Slow Drivers at least I can usually hang up on a telemarketer within a second or two.

hot days

This may sound crazy but I'm going with Shaving which is annoying every day and never cool, while "not tonight" is not an every day occurence (at least for me) and I must admit that there are occasionally valid reasons for the answer ;)

Arman

Screenwriter
telemarketers

"not tonight, honey"

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
slow drivers, hot days and (I cast the tie-breaker) shaving win.

Round 4 - Bracket 1

Being forced to listen to the local Top 40 radio station at work for hours on end

vs.

Being the last person picked in a pick up game of whatever

Round 4 - Bracket 2

speedos

vs.

migraines

Joke of the day:

A mother enters her daughter's bedroom and sees a letter on the wall over the bed. With the worst premonition, she reads it, with trembling hands:

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm telling you that I have eloped with my new boyfriend Mark. I found real passion and Mark is so nice, especially with his piercings, tattoos and his big motorcycle.

But it's not only that Mom, I'm pregnant and Mark said that we will be very happy in his trailer in the woods. He wants to have many more children with me and that's one of my dreams. I've also learned that marijuana doesn't hurt anyone so we'll be growing it for us and his friends.

In the meantime, we'll pray for science to find the AIDS cure, so Mark can get better - he deserves it. Don't worry Mom, I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself. Some day I'll visit you so you can get to know your grandchildren.

Your daughter, Megan

P.S. Mom, it's not true. I'm at the neighbor's house. I just wanted to show you that there are worse things in life than my report card that's in the desk drawer.

Voting has started in the Teen Angst tournament: it's Buffy vs. the Karate Kid and Christian Slater takes on Christian Slater!

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Being the last person picked in a pick up game of whatever
Speedos
- I would rather stand the pain of a migraine than be caught in public wearing a speedo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks