The Ring Sneak Preview?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stone, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Just saw a commercial that said there will be a Sneak of this on Saturday. Any idea what cities this will be playing in? I would just check the paper, but I don't get it...and my paper's website sucks when it comes to showtimes.

2. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

I have no idea what cities it's playing in, but given my past experiences with "sneak preview" showings, Matt, it's best to just call the theater (if they have an actual number as opposed to the tried-and-true answering machine recording hotline) and ask them if they'll be showing it this Saturday. I've been checking every online movie site that I can find to see if the theater near me will be showing "The Ring" this weekend and have come up short every time.
    Oh well, it's only a week to wait...but it would be nice to not have to wait that last seven days. [​IMG]

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

If you have an AMC in your area, you can get tickets online now. I just did, and thanks for the heads up!

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I guess I'll just wait till tomorrow and call them. Thx.

5. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Did someone tell Justin? [​IMG]

6. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Yeah, definately call the theaters, and if a major chain is playing it, it should be noted on their website.

I have no idea if there's a sneak of it in Victoria, and the local newspaper is on strike currently. I'll find out one way or another though.

Jason

7. Jose Arellano

I just saw it tonight here in Austin, Texas, and I thought it was a great movie. It kept us at the edge of our seats throughout, as we had never even seen the Japanese original that we had heard about. It was great. My wife and I and our two friends loved it. This one is going to rack up a lot of dollars because of word of mouth advertising, as it is a great thriller/horror movie. Definitely worth checking out!

Lenny

8. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Matt, it is playing here in Indy. For sure at both Kerasotes theaters (which are the nicest anyway). You can go to their website for times and addresses (www.kerasotes.com)

9. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I hear ya about Kerasotes, Seth. We had a Showplace 16 in South Bend that was great...here we have crummy-arse Goodrich Quality (yah, right) Theaters. Their website sucks for showtimes too...they never list sneaks. I'm at work now, so I haven't had a chance to call yet...but I'm going to catch Rules of Attaction after work, so I'll just ask while I'm there.

Thx for the tips.

10. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

Matt, here is another good resource for showtimes. They usually have my area up by Wednesday before the weekend. Unfortunately, we won't be getting the sneak this weekend.
    ~Edwin

11. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Thanks Edwin...that looks like a good site. Unfortunately, they still don't have weekend showtimes for my theaters. Hard to believe, here it is Friday morning, and my theater still hasn't published today's times [​IMG]

12. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

For Boston, "The Ring" is playing Saturday night at the Loewes Boston Common and the AMC Fenway.

13. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

The sneak is playing here in H-Town tomorrow. I think I'm going to try to give it a look.

14. Travis_S

Travis_S Supporting Actor

Travis
    It's playing around here at 7:10 tomorrow night, I'm definitly going to check it out.

15. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

This sneak preview isn't playing in my town, but it is in the town just north of mine, Ft. Worth, so you can bet your ass I'll be their seeing this film tomorrow night regardless!

16. Mike Blais

Mike Blais Stunt Coordinator

Saw a full page ad for it today in Vancouver. It appears to be playing at all the Silvercities.

17. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

Nowhere to be found in Victoria...perhaps the distributor knows of the newspaper strike and fears no one would KNOW of the sneak preview.

Ah well. Guess I'll have to see it next week unless I can get into an advance.

Jason